CHAPTER #15

It wasn't until the following night, that the boat finally came. Romanoff was asleep on the boat only 15 minutes, when agent Barton's voice came into her ear.

Natasha awoke instantly.  "What did you say?"

"Two boats just arrived at the island.  I'm coming down. We'll put trackers on the boats and follow one of them," Clint said.

Agent Romanoff had the engines on, when agent Barton slid down the rope, untied it and pulled up the anchor.  He got into the scuba gear as she brought the boat out of the cave. She flipped a switch, that helped muffle the noise of the engines. "I love S.H.E.I.L.D. geeks, they think of everything."

"But they haven't invented a completely silent boat yet. Or one that can fly too!" Clint joked as he got ready to drop into the water to attach the tracking units.  

Thankfully the moon was not out and the black water helped hide agent Barton as he stealthily came up to the boats and attached the tracking devices.  On his way back to the S.H.E.I.L.D. boat he got a feeling something was behind him or watching him.  He of course couldn't see behind him, so he just hoped it wasn't someone on shore.  

After he got on board and took off his gear, he asked "did anyone see me on shore?"

"No, no one was on the shore or even near the boats.  Why?"  Natasha inquired.

"I got a feeling when I was in the water on the way back, that something was following me or watching me," Clint explained.

She frowned, "maybe it was a reef shark or something bigger checking you out.  But it wasn't anything human."

"Maybe.  Anyway let's see if those trackers are working."  Clint took over steering the boat, while agent  Romanoff got out the computer.

"Both are working.  Which ever boat we don't follow, the gps will track and I'll report it to Fury.  Nice work Barton."

Clint used a towel on his face, then added, "next time you can go swim over to our targets."  He looked across the water towards the marked boats.  Hearing the engines start up he said, "they're leaving.  Pick one."

Natasha picked up the night vision goggles and looked at the two boats. "The boat furthest from us.  Not the one pulling away now, the other one."

"Why that one?"

"Just a hunch.  One of the people in the boat looks familiar, but I can't pin point where or how," Natasha explained.

"Ok.  That one it is."  Clint trusted her instincts.  So they followed at a safe distance, the boat agent Romanoff had chosen.

"Our guys look like they're heading towards the Philippines and the other boat's trajectory would take it to Hong Kong."

"Both locations are already known areas of HYDRA activity. I've been to Manilla a few times on operations already.  The problem with the Philippines is all the islands.  If we loose our mark, it will be hard to find it again."

"We won't loose them.  I just sent a message to Fury and he agrees with the boat we chose to follow," Natasha reported.  "Our guys are picking up speed."

"I can see and hear that, thanks.  Are we heading towards Manilla?"  Clint asked.

"No it seems to be going toward New Banicain.  Do you think they may go to Olongapo City?"

Clint thought about it for a while, then answered.  "Perhaps, but my bet is that they are really travelling to Angeles City.  It's known for human trafficking."

Natasha accessed their data bank on Angeles City and sucked in her breath harshly.  "Child prostitution, how repulsive.  You don't think they are testing on children, do you?"