CHAPTER #6

Due to the weapons and gear they had to take with them, S.H.E.I.L.D. would be flying them into Thailand. But they would be dropped into the ocean near Ko Kaeo Yai Kau Kew Island at night. Once ashore Hawkeye and Black Widow would take a local boat to the main land. They'd set up in some rat hole and begin working. Enough money would pay for the secrecy they wanted, if a local discovered them.

"Wake up you two, we are thirty minutes from the island," the pilot said to his passengers.

Clint was instantly awake, "we're awake. Gear is ready."

It was an overcast sky, perfect for a stealthy arrival. They looked like a pair of special ops navy seals and their drop was just as skilled. The gear was in sealed containers that floated behind them, as they swam towards the island. Hawkeye surfaced first, scanning their surroundings to see if anyone heard them splash into the ocean. No one was around and nothing stirred. He took off his tank and put the gear in a fisherman's boat. They'd have to row over to the mainland, but that was okay, as motors made too much noise.

"Hawkeye help me with the tank, it's stuck on something," Natasha whispered.

He did as she asked and then put the tank into the boat, helping her in. He pushed the boat off the shore and they began to row for the main land. The water was calm and they sliced through it quickly. As they neared the shore close to Rawai, there was a small inlet on the southern most peak, that allowed them to pull the boat on to shore. The trees grew right up to the rocks, providing perfect cover. From the satellite images they'd seen earlier, there was a road just inland from where they were. A few scattered houses on either side, before the main road which was Hwy 4233. Once in the cover of the trees, they took out their gear from the cases. They'd have to carry everything, but had backpacks to do so. Wetsuits were removed, put away and replaced with their normal agent uniforms. On top of that they wore street clothing and the backpacks. Tourists is what they'd look like. The containers and scuba gear they buried under the sand and forest debris, then the trackers were turned on. S.H.I.E.L.D. would later send agents to retrieve it all.

"Ready to hike out of here and get to Phuket?" Clint asked.

Natasha nodded, "lead the way."

They trekked out, making good time. The sun had not even crested the horizon. They walked along the Hwy eager to get into town. One beat up pickup truck pulled over and they got in the truck bed, hitching a ride. The truck only went half way up the coast. So they had to walk again before another person gave them a lift. Finally they reached the outskirts of Phuket. The driver tried to tell them that Phuket was a dangerous area for tourists, they nodded, thanked him and gave him some baht. Into the city they went. The sun was just coming out, little children poured out into the street, yelling at each other and staring at them. The houses were a clutter of boards with tin roofs. Down one street, they found a Tuk Tuk.

The driver knew a little broken English. Romanoff spoke a little Thai and English. The driver nodded that he understood. He took them deep into the slums of Phuket city. Then stopped beside a two storey concrete building, that had no windows. The Tuk Tuk driver explained that this place for the right money no one asked questions and didn't care what happened, as long as they were paid. Romanoff negotiated a price with a man who came outside. Then paid the Tuk Tuk driver well.

"Tell him to come back tonight around six to give us a tour," Clint said.

She relayed the information and the driver nodded, then left. The other man, lead them up a set of dirty stairs and to a room. In the room there was one dirty cot, a toilet with no seat, a lamp and a chair. This room had a door that locked and they paid handsomely for it. The man nodded and left.

"It's not the Ritz, but it will do."

Romanoff took off her pack and took out four little devices. These she locked onto the four corners of the glassless window. With the small lap top she had, Romanoff activated them creating a grid. If someone put a hand or anything through the empty air, the grid gave a silent alarm and would give the intruder a painful electric zap.