CHAPTER #2

When Romanoff woke up in the morning, she noticed that her dogs were lying across the threshold of her door. Barton must have left the door open on his way out. She showered and changed into her work out gear. In the kitchen is where she found him, using a blender and making a protein shake.

"Good morning," Clint greeted.

"Just get back from a run?" Natasha asked.

He nodded and used his arm to wipe sweat off his forehead. "Feel like some training today?"

"Sure why not. Let me just put the dogs outside."

They went to the gym and did some jiujitsu. Then after putting on some padding, practiced their hand to hand combat. She went into instructor mode and taught him a few new tricks. Once they were satisfied with that, both did some weight training.

"Sauna time?" Natasha asked.

"Nope, I'm going to try swimming in that current you mentioned."

They split up. Barton did do the swim and was pleased with how strong the current was. It was a great way to end the workout. Then he went into the jaccuzi to relax. This is where she found him semi-dozing. He opened an eye, long before she even came to stand beside him. He had felt her presence, even with his eyes closed.

"S.H.E.I.L.D called, we're to head back to the airship tomorrow."

"No rest for the wicked it seems," he mumbled.

"As if you're not itching to get back into the mix of things," Natasha snorted.

"We both are," Clint said fully opening his eyes and pinning hers with his.

"Nick Fury says it's just a recon mission. But something is up, because we are doing it together," she advised.

"That's the agency for you, never gives straight answers or the full truth." He got out of the jaccuzi and towelled himself dry. "I'll meet you in the training complex by the weapons wall."

Romanoff grinned and went that way. She picked up a pair of curved blades and waited for him. He jogged in, wearing his gear. "Grab a few toys and let's go into the forest," Clint suggested.

She noticed he had his bow and arrows. She strapped on her guns, a sword and took the hand blades too. New metal cuffs she clipped on to her wrists and gave him a pair also. He took two guns and a katana. At the conveyor belt, Romanoff touched a panel and out came a modified quad ATV. She got on first and he sat behind her. They rumbled off and down the horse path into the forest. She turned off the path and then stopped in a small clearing. Some targets already were up and showed marks from use.

He nodded satisfied with the area. "Choose your weapon and attack," Clint said.

Romanoff put aside the pile, then turned her back on him, so he couldn't see what she chose as a weapon.  A quick spin around began the attack. As he'd predicted, she used the curved blades for hand to hand combat. The wrist guards came in handy to deflect her blows. He managed to disarm her, quicker than she'd expected. The guns had rubber bullets, Romanoff used these next. She caught him twice, but his acrobatic skill kept him out of harms way most of the time. When her clips were empty he came at her with the katana. The sound of clashing swords, scattered the few remaining birds. She wasn't the best with a sword, but her agility made up for that.

"Stop," Clint said. "If you do this, then I can't do that...." he taught her how to defend against his katana. "Okay let's start again."

With the new move he'd just shown her, she improved her defence. He showed her a few more techniques and then Romanoff stopped them.