CHAPTER #25

The HYDRA jet landed in the Dublin International airport. Then its passengers drove to a hotel.  Barton put a tracker on the Landrover Range Rover they were driving and got a room right next to them.  He ordered room service and got in a hot shower before the food arrived.  The waiter was chatty and a few extra bills made him reveal that the room next door had two men inside.  They were staying just one night.  Barton ate quickly and after his usual building inspection, went to sleep immediately. Six hours later when he woke up, he could hear the men still snoring next door. Their vehicle also had not moved. He went to the local store and put a water bottle in his pack, along with some non-perishable food items. The meal replacement bars in Ireland were as gross tasting as the ones in America. Back to the hotel he returned and paid his bill. Then from the neighbouring building's roof top, he watched the HYDRA vehicle. Two hours later, the men got in the Landrover and drove off.  Barton followed on the machine that was once again a motorcycle.  The people he was tailing, travelled towards the northern coast.  He'd never been to Ireland before and enjoyed the winding roads and scenery. The sheep, rock walls and old architecture really gave Ireland its character.  It was a long ride, but it ended in Larne, a costal town. At a run down industrial building the HYDRA vehicle pulled into the open garage.  After checking the map, Barton realized this might be one of the secret hideouts.  He parked down an alley and got up high to scope out the building.

It was night time, before he could get over to the building the men were in. He had seen a few people enter the building, but no one left.  As luck would have it one of the windows was open a crack, allowing Barton to snag the latch to open it wide enough to get his body through.  Then he closed it again. There were a lot of pigeon droppings on the sill, so he knew this window was always left open.  As he walked on the rafters, he startled a pigeon that flew out the window. Barton waited to see if anyone had noticed.  Another benefit of these old buildings was that often only the floors that were used the most, had any alarm systems or video monitoring equipment.  Considering that the pigeon had set off no alarm, he knew he wouldn't either.  Slowly and cautiously he went from the top of the building down to the operational levels. With his natural agility, Barton avoided the laser alarms and the shadows kept him off camera.  He found a good view point and watched the HYDRA agents like they were lab rats. One woman drew his eyes and he watched closely.  She had blond hair, but it was the way she walked that had caught his attention. The hair was the right length, but he knew her ass and gait anywhere.  He'd found Natasha Romanoff.

Romanoff got a strange feeling and her neck hairs stood on end.  She looked around, but no one was watching her.  One of the HYDRA men came to her for instructions and she spoke Russian to him.  Another man was directed in German and they left to carry out her orders.  The feeling of being watched, remained as she went about her duties. It was probably just Baron Von Strucker on the video camera.  He had a fascination with her ass.  It's how they'd originally met.  He smacked it in passing and she put him on his back, using that offending hand.  He had called the move; poetry in motion. He knew her as Natuska one of her aliases.

She asked one of the Irish HYDRA agents, "is Baron looking for me?"

"Ta se in a oifig", he replied in gaelic Irish.

That told her he was in the office, so her theory of being watched on camera, was very probable. She went to his office.  "Did you need me?"

"Yes Natuska, a shipment of weapons are coming into the harbour.  I want you to go receive them. The men are waiting for you in the garage,"  Baron Von Strucker advised.

"Right away sir,"  Natasha said spinning on her heal and leaving his office.

She went to the garage and ordered the men to get in their vehicles and follow her.  As they left the garage a movement in her peripheral vision made her look up.  She wasn't really sure, but it looked like someone had been on the roof and had gone into the alley. When they met the ship in port and the containers were being unloaded, Romanoff saw the movement above again.  She went to go look.