CHAPTER #63

Unfortunately Romanoff got her wish and a blood bath was an understatement.  Sensors picked them up as soon as their feet hit the roof, activating a silent alarm, that sent armed men to greet the intruders.  As usual, agent Romanoff was in fine fighting form, leaving a sea of bodies behind her progress.  One of the floors was empty, except for the overhead lighting that glared down on the mass of security men.  Agent Barton let a volley of arrows fly, neatly disabling and dispatching a large portion of the men.  As they passed the bodies, Barton retrieved his arrows, or sometimes just the shaft.

Natasha looked at the shape created by some men, from those arrows.  "What's that all about?"

Clint grinned, "I like to do things with style."

"In other words, Stark gave you a new toy?"

Clint shrugged, "it gets my point across, while showing that I'm an artist at heart."

Natasha smirked, "and your medium is blood?"

He barked a short laugh, "sometimes that seems to happen... making the design more abstract."

She rolled her eyes, "come on let's go, you're art is wasting time."

In their ear coms, Bird reported the movements of the people in the building.  The security force was pretty heavy, but nothing that could stop Romanoff or Barton.  Eventually their target stopped running.  But who could run, when a taser dart had you spasming on the floor. Barton picked up the man and threw him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Let's find a more private place to have a discussion,"  Clint suggested.

Bird located a building that was vacant and close by.  Once they got there, agent Romanoff picked the lock.  When agent Barton dropped the body on the floor, the impact woke the person.  Then agent Romanoff began her interrogation.  Barton noticed that she was a little more intense, but her aggression was rewarded with the information they'd come for.  They had found out the location of the new R2 facility.  

"I need a shower, can we go to the R2 facility tomorrow?"  Clint asked, rubbing someone else's blood off his cheek.

Natasha nodded, "let's go to a hotel... Bird..."

"Already booked agent Romanoff."

In stealth mode, they flew to the hotel.  Before entering the lobby, Barton used specially designed wipes, to clean off Romanoff's uniform.  He had brain matter in his hair and couldn't be seen in public.  Once she had the room key, they took the stairs up to the fourth floor.  Barton stripped his gear off first, then entered the bathroom.  It wasn't long before his hand emerged from behind the door and he handed off his uniform.  Romanoff cleaned it, while Barton showered.  Refreshed, he came out wearing one towel and using his fingers to groom his hair.

"Leave me some hot water?" Natasha asked.

"Of course.  Go, I'll clean our weapons."  He got his change of clothes from his pack.

"Don't touch the bites, you'll get zapped."

Clint nodded, "I know well enough what I can and can't touch."

She turned to look at him, head slightly tilted to the side.  Was he being cryptic or serious, Romanoff didn't know.  That thought stayed with her during the whole shower.  She too came out of the bathroom, wearing just a towel.  Walking over, she looked down at the gun parts he was cleaning.

"How'd you get that part so clean?" She pointed at a piece.

"Nat, I've been taking apart guns, cleaning and reassembling them since I was a kid.  Watch this," he said showing her how to do it.