CHAPTER #41

It wasn't until Barton reported to Stark in the morning about his dealings with Beck, that he found out that Banner was in another universe.

"What do you mean the diamond did it all on its own?" Clint asked incredulously.

Tony looked uncomfortable and wouldn't meet Clint's eyes.  "Well we were testing the diamond and my suit.  The portal opened under Banner and he disappeared."

"He WHAT?" Clint almost yelled.

"Look it's under control, Jarvis is still linked via a new device the diamond helped create. We can track him, but we can't get him out yet.  He's not yet transformed into the Hulk, so everything is okay."

Clint stomped up to Tony and glared at him.  "Get him back, or I will take away that Diamond and destroy it!"

"Um it's indestructible."  Tony saw Barton about to explode with anger and he added, "but don't worry I'll get him back."

Clint rubbed his hands over his face a few times in frustration.  "You two are like a bunch of bad children. Leave you alone and all hell breaks loose."

Trying to get back into Barton's good graces, Tony said, "does this mean you don't want the arrow head we created with the diamond?"

Clint sighed, "I'm almost scared to ask what it does."

Tony grinned, "well one head opens a portal to a dimension that is void, has nothing in it.  You can put something in it and it disappears.  Like a black hole, once something goes in, it never comes out.  The other one is a universal portal.  The universes are pre-programmed. So if you want to visit Thor's home, you select that option, fire the arrow and a portal opens."

"How do I get back then if the arrow is on this side?" Clint couldn't help himself, he was interested.

"That's the best part, on the other side, the arrow appears.  You can pick it out of the air and put it back in your quiver.  When you want to leave, you fire it again and select what option you want."

"That is handy.  Any side effects?"

Jarvis answered, "none that we have found, although the only universe that they went to was Thor's."

"I don't have room in my quiver for more arrows."

"We thought of that, so these ones are strapped to your wrist and you can throw them like a blade or dart," Tony explained.

Clint examined the new arrow heads.  "Okay, these are really nice.  But get Banner back or I'm throwing you into that void!"

Tony grinned and offered him a drink.  "So what's going on at Stark Industries?"

"Your night security guy Hong Duk is your leak. He has a few of your night guys working with Beck.  They're taking your stuff for HYDRA.  Beck goes to whomever pays the most. Here's a list of the stuff Beck wants me to take from you.  Any idea what they would use it for?"

"Way too many things to list.  I'll modify the things he wants so they won't work, but will also give off a signal that Jarvis can trace.  Then I'll pay a visit to whomever the end party is.  When do you meet up with Beck again to give him these items?"

"I told him I'd have it later tonight; 3 am after my shift is done." Clint then narrowed his eyes, "what are you going to do about Beck himself?"

Tony shrugged, "not sure yet. He could be useful."

Barton rolled his eyes, took the new arrows that Stark gave him and left.  He would finish the shift at Stark Industries to get what Beck wanted and then quit.  Soon Romanoff would be needing him at S.H.E.I.L.D. and he'd have no time for Stark or Beck.  Romanoff's plan was already in play, as Bird reported that Agent Hill was severely ill.  Tomorrow she'd be dead and he'd transport her body to Fury to be revived. Then phase 2 would begin.  But what Barton didn't know, was that there was a lot of details that Romanoff didn't mention about phase 2.  In order for the whole plan to work in the end, Barton had to remain in the dark about a lot of things. It was his actions that would determine the end game.