chapter twenty two

Dedicated to sophiaalcl

I can't help but stare at Kiana as she does her makeup in the mirror. I always do when she starts doing her make-up the routine every time, she's getting ready. I lean against the door frame of the bathroom as she meticulously outlines her brows. My eyes scan across her face, from her golden curls to her full long lashes, the tiny beauty spot above her lip, and her hazel eyes.

She smears on a coat of clear lip gloss on her full lips and places the cap back on and places it in her purse. As if she can feel me staring at her, she makes eye contact with me in the mirror, she pauses. "What? Why are you looking at me like that? Do I have something on my face?" She looks back at her reflection in the mirror, double checking her face.

"Yeah, you do." Kiana's eyes widen in panic, "Beauty." I say not missing a beat. She stands there opening and closing her mouth like a fish outta water. She finally gives me a grin that reaches her eyes, and I internally pats myself on the back that I managed to get her speechless. She avoids looking at me again cause of the blush on her cheeks, but I can still see a hint of it even beneath the makeup. She starts packing her makeup stuff away and then spins around to face me, "so. . .what do you think?"

She moves away from the basin and stands directly in front of me, showing the baby blue figure-hugging dress that reaches her ankles and white heels, her toes match her heels in colour. My mouth goes bone dry at the sight of her. I take my time to respond 'cause I'm too busy admiring the woman in front of me. "Shit, turn around."

I grab her hand as she turns around ever so slowly, my eyes drinking her entire form in the figure-hugging dress she's wearing, accentuating her womanly curves. Her curls framing her face as she recently got bangs. When she does the full spin, I can't help the bulge that's forming in my pants. We must leave now before we end up not going out. I'm glad she's taken my word and beginning to wear dresses when she goes out, cause as much as she won't admit it, dresses love her. More than she knows.

I realise I've been quiet for a little too long because Kiana's staring up at me with a small frown on her face, I snap out of it, finally remembering how to speak, "You look. . .wow." Her face at once breaks into a smile and grabs her purse off the counter, happy at my reaction, "I guess we can go now. If you said anything else, I would've changed."

I let her step out of the bathroom first as I follow, "Like hell, I was gonna allow your ass to change again when we're already an hour late." Kiana snickers as she puts her purse on her shoulder, "It's called be fashionably late."

I roll my eyes as I nudge her forward down the stairs, "Fashionably late, my ass. I was gonna haul yo ass out that bathroom if I had to." She retaliates by punching me on the chest. This time I frown and rubbing the area she just punched, "Ya know, for someone so little, you're aggressive."

"Do you want me to punch you again?" She stops and arches a brow at him, and I shake my head, nudging her forward again. "No, no." I say, opening the door for her to exit.