chapter fifty one

I can't fault my girls for trying to get me out of the house, cause I haven't been since the breakup, I needed the fresh air but bumping into Devontae was the last thing I needed

I can't fault my girls for trying to get me out of the house, cause I haven't been since the breakup, I needed the fresh air but bumping into Devontae was the last thing I needed. Let alone fucking him. Oh my God, why I do that?

I took a cab home and the driver luckily understood when I told him I must go up to the apartment to get his cash cause I left my phone and purse with Sasha. Devontae has been blowing up my phone and I don't want to hear from him right now. I put it on silent because I couldn't stand the vibrating, but I can see all his texts flittering in.

 I put it on silent because I couldn't stand the vibrating, but I can see all his texts flittering in

I decide to exit my messages and shut my phone. The cherry on top for all of this is the fact that news of our breakup has finally reached the public eye, and boy are they divided many are sad about or break up then others are glad we didn't because I really wasn't "NBA girlfriend material". I rolled my eyes at that, because how I feel right now, I don't care what others got to say, I just wanna mind my own until graduation rolls around which is two months from now.

I've reassumed my place in my bed, in my pyjamas, streaming All of Us. I sigh as I settle into my bed sheets however the grumbling of my stomach prevents me for relaxing. I can't spend any more of the money I have left to buy take out like I have been for the past two weeks, plus a toasted cheese sounds real good right now.

I climb off my bed, pausing the show I'm watching. I climb down the stairs, taking out all the ingredients I need. As I prepare them, I defrost some fries and before seasoning them and loading them into the air fryer. When I'm done making my sandwich, I plate it along with the fries and I settle down to eat, I'm two bites and my face sours. It's good but as I eat it, I'm reminded of Devontae's grilled cheese.

There goes my hunger.

I set the sandwich down, tinting the crumbs off my tank top and place them in the microwave. The front door opens and in walk in Cassie, Amaal, and Sasha, all dressed in their pjs and carrying a bunch of goodies in their hands, they give me great, wide smiles and I can't help what happens next, I fucking sob.

...

After many glasses of rosé, and a bunch of snacks and belly aching laugher; I feel much better now. I divulged the events of yesterday and I got nothing by sympathetic looks and big hugs. I tried avoiding talking to them about Devontae because we have basically become friends with his friends and now our breakup has kinda sorta put them in the middle which I was not going for.

However, when the drinks kept flowing, the alcohol loosened my lips, and I couldn't stop talking. "The breakup is a front for something which I can't put my finger on, like he's shielding me from something. I don't know. What I do know though is that I'm still upset with him. The post orgasm realisation hit me like a ton of bricks, because as I do miss him and want him back. I don't think I could. My heart couldn't take it after he just threw in the towel after basically being each other's support system throughout it all."

I lay in Sasha's lap as she runs her fingers through my curls, "I'm sorry, Kiki."

"Yeah, I'm sorry too. I – I'm sorry for putting y'all in the middle of it all and having to pick sides." I rub my face with my hand in agitation. "Hey, don't apologise. We always got your back and you didn't deserve what Devontae did whether he had good intentions or not. He could've handled everything a whole lot different that would've been beneficial for the both of you." Amaal consoles me.

"If it makes you feel any better the guys are planning to hand his ass to him." Cassie comments, crossing her legs on the couch opposite me and Sasha. Her newly red dyed curls is tied in a lazy bun and her face is make up free, in her lap is a bowl of popcorn which she has been digging into since they arrived.

I snort at that.

"I hope you ladies got your stuff ready." Sasha says to the other two, I look at them with confusion. "New York." Sasha says, I sigh at that. The boys are playing their finals in New York which is about a week and half from now. The first three day is prep, day four is game day then the remaining three days is their "holiday". Which is optional in case people wanna come back home or have other plans.

Initially I was gonna go with Devontae but that's a bust so I'm staying my ass at home. The girls insisted I go anyway then we could just make it a girl's trip, but I knew that would've been useless because I will run into him anyway and I don't want to.

"I packed his stuff away." Silence. Amaal's eyes dart between me and the others, "so wait, you're giving him his stuff back? You guys are really going through with this?"

"Well, he did say he doesn't think we should continue this so I'm simply fulfilling his wish."

The girls look at each other with unease, "what? What are you guys not telling me?" They look at each other for a while before Sasha finally answers, "babe, I know we all as a collective hate what Devontae did but are you sure you're not the least bit curious as to why he did what he did. Like get your closure before you make it official."

Well, maybe...no. I shake my head, stopping my trail of thoughts. I'll only be prolonging it all. "I'm good. He made his bed, so he should lie in it."

...

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Damn, our girl Kiki is butthurt. I don't blame her though.