chapter fifty eight

Winter formal

Winter formal. I insisted that Ki and I go because she's never went to prom in high school because her experience with the people, she went to school with already made her feel excluded and insecure and chose to be within the comfort of her own home.

I pulled out all the stops for her, I got her corsage, I hired a limo for our friends to ride with us, all that's left is the dress. I gave her my black card and told her – forced her to spend as much as she wants, and I don't care. Now tell me why she sent me the address instead of enjoying her time with her girls.

Anyway, I'm already putting a foot in my sneakers and putting on a jacket, ready to leave. I grab my car keys and phone and head out the door.

...

"Greetings, sir can I be of assistance?" The lady at the front desk asks me upon entry. I had to travel all the way to Beverly Hills, I know for a fact Sasha put her on and I'm glad because Kiana woulda just bought a regular dress that she would've gotten at the mall, in fear of hurting my pockets but I swear by spoiling her ass as long as she's gonna be my girl.

"I'm looking for my girlfriend, blonde curls, freckled face, really short." I describe her, using my hand to exaggerate how short she is, luckily the lady is not stuck up and gives me an amused smile, "she came with about three other friends right?"

"Yeah," I laugh. She laughs softly, "right, this way." I follow her as she leads me further into the boutique, "you look familiar, are you the young man who won the game last week?"

Ah, of course, "yes, I was." She opens double doors, letting me in, "nicely done. My son is a huge fan of yours." I been around this block a while that I don't even have to ask any further, "tell you what? Once my girlfriend picks something out, I give your son an autograph."

Her face practically lights up, "thank you so much, enjoy the rest of day shopping. You're gonna need it."

Oh, I'm aware, "thanks, I have a little sister, so I know the drill." The front desk assistant laughs, and I glance to the name tag on her blouse. Ramona. "Thank you for your help, Ramona." She nods in acknowledgement, closing the doors behind her.

I find the girls by the racks, laughing and giggling with flutes of champagne in their hands and multiple hangers with clothing outfits in the other, Kiana has her back to me and when she turns her smile only brightens when she see me, the smile that I can never get enough of. With the small sway of her body, I know she's tipsy. That's why she texted me.

"Hey, baby." I greet her, kissing her temple. "Hey girls." She kisses the side of my cheek, "hi, bae." Yeah, she's tipsy. "So do you have anything picked out?" She takes a sip of her champagne, and she jumps catches me off guard. She swallows, setting down her drink. "C'mon." She drags me with her, "you're gonna help me pick one."

"Ooh, I like the sound of that, does that mean I get a miniature fashion show?" I say, letting her drag me through the boutique. She pushes me down onto a fluffy pink armchair, "yes. Give me a minute, I'm a bit drunk and it might take longer to put on the clothes." She disappears into the dressing room shutting the curtains behind her.