chapter eleven

I stir awake from a heavy weight on me

I stir awake from a heavy weight on me. I wiggle my fingers from being numb and roll to the left, coming face to face with a sleeping Devontae. I stiffen, my brain now acutely aware of his arms around me, one is tucked under me and the other around my waist. No wonder I felt weighed down. That's when a monstrous headache hits me, the regrets of last night coming back to haunt me. I bring a hand up to my forehead.

My eyes dart across his face, taking in his freckles on his cheeks and nose, his jawline, and sharp edges of his face. I traced my finger across his jaw and over his stubble. His eyes fly open, and I jump, my head colliding with his chin. We both groan in pain, Devontae's holding onto his chin while I press a hand to my aching forehead. "Owww ─" He hisses.

I whisper an apology while I try to soothe the pain in my forehead away, "Sorry."

He tries to stand up, but his body refuses and he plops back down on the bed, "so do you want me to tell you everything or do you want the shortened version?" Devontae asks, arching a brow at me.

I frown, "what I do?" He does not bother to sugar-coat anything, starts counts off his fingers, "let's see, you danced on a pool table and when I told you to get down, you asked me to join you."

"Oh God." I mumbles into his chest. "That's not all, you know." He continues, looking at my face. "Nooooo." I whine, covering my face with my palms. But he continued anyway, "coz you didn't wanna listen to me, I had to carry you out. Then when I was carrying you to my car you complimented my ass by spanking me."

My jaw drops. I was that bad? I barely even remember anything. All I remember is the endless shots I got from Cassie and falling asleep. By now, my cheeks are on fire, and I don't even dare to look at him. I don't even wanna know what the pillow looks like since I didn't remove my makeup. I lift my head slightly to check and am surprised to see my pillows clean, not even a speck of foundation. How...?

"I removed your makeup for you before you fell asleep. I also put your bonnet on." I pout at his sweetness, the action drawing his eyes to my lips momentarily. He shrugs, a ghost of a smile on his face, "I think I like drunk Kiana."

I groan in response, and he chuckles at my expense. His fingers are drumming slowly against my stomach, and I let him be not sure how to be with him in my bed cos the last time we were in a bed, we were doing 70 positions for the whole night. However, the question keeps swirling in my head until I manage to ask him, "did we uhm. . ." I don't finish my sentence, hoping that he catches on to what I'm implying.

He shakes his head, "no, no." His quick response has me scolding myself in my head as to why the thought even crossed my mind in the first place. He must've felt my mood change and tried to cheer me up, "you were the one who asked me to stay actually."

My eyes widen. I do not remember that at all, "Oh, well I um. . ." I stammered. I look down at my outfit and my eyes widen again, "did I go out wearing this?"