chapter fifty two

"Get up, man

"Get up, man. I wanna talk to you."

I move my arm from my eyes to peak at Rome who's hovering over me. I close my eyes and sit up, "if this is another one of those you screwed up conversations, I've had enough to last a lifetime."

"Good, clearly you need more because...you sitting here throwing yourself a pity party instead of going out there and getting your girl back, man. I know you had enough of people talking your ear off about what went down, but as your teammate and best friend, I suggest you wake the fuck up and go get her, dude."

I grunt, "what's the point? She hates my guts, twice more than before after we fucked and hightailed out the room. I felt like I pushed her over the edge."

Roman puffs a breath of air, "huh, I hate to break it to ya, but it takes two to tango. Plus, Kiana does not hate you. You got that all in your head." I open my eyes, sighing again.

"If you sigh like that again, I'm gonna block your nostrils. Sometimes, Devontae your biggest enemy is yourself, so I suggest you move the fuck out your own way and fight for her." He smacks my arm and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Wake up man, I get the feeling that she is the best thing that's ever happened to you this past year, so are you willing to let her go for someone else to enjoy." I try to school my face but fail, I know I did because of the amused expression Rome's adorning as he looks at me, "yeah, I thought so. I had many opportunities to fuck you up for what you did to my sis, but I didn't because I love you both and I want both of you to be happy, so can you please put us out of our misery and get back together. It's disheartening to see two like this."

"Just go get her man."

However, I can't just go get her. I gotta show her that. After I royally fucked up, no simple apology won't do. "I think I got an idea, Rome.

Step one to get my girlfriend back, her favourite flowers are white roses so best believe I made the largest order of white roses addressed to her place and I know that won't suffice but I got a few more tricks up my sleeve. Just must wait and see.

...

"Kiki! Get down here!"

Huh? I put the folding of my clothes on hold and leave my room, down the stairs but I stop halfway when I see the sight before me. My kitchen is littered with multi coloured roses. From the door, the kitchen island, the counters, the coffee table, the side tables, the floor, I can barely even see Sasha as she's lost in the garden of flowers, just when I thought they were enough a gang of six delivery guys enter the apartment, each other holding two vases of roses in each hand.

Some now are even going up the stairs placing them wherever there's an empty area or space. They do two or three more rounds before one of them comes up to me with a clipboard and pen. I'm stunned and sign and he smiles before leaving the apartment.

"Jesus, Kiki do you have a secret admirer or something?" Sasha asks, coming from behind the dozens of roses on the kitchen island. "Cos this is a little extreme don't you think?"

"A lot extreme actually." I say looking at the several vases of flowers with wide eyes, "Let's find the card, then we'll figure out who sent them."

"Might as well, getting started now. Cause we got a lot of flowers to look through." I say, looking through them already. Sasha also gets to work, I go upstairs to check the rest while she sweeps downstairs, "found it!" I hurry back downstairs to find Sasha frantically waving a small card in the air.

She reads it and her eyes go wide, "definitely not a secret admirer."

"What do you mean?" I ask, taking the card from her to read myself.

'A rose for each of the four years I've got to know you. Days that cannot be replaced. Devontae.'

"Oh my God, he sent you 1450 flowers." Sasha gapes at the flowers now. I narrow my eyes quickly at how fast she worked that out. "How'd you do that?"

"Just cause I didn't like math doesn't mean I'm not good at it." Sasha juts her hip out to the side. I look at the card once more and I can't help the rapid heartbeat in my chest. He did this for me? I take one last look at them before putting the card on a bunch of flowers before sitting down on the floor in disbelief.

...

AUTHORS NOTE

Y'all what do I need to do to get a man to send me flowers just for fun? Some guys really don't have game man.