chapter one

NB: TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR, KIANA'S LOVE INTEREST IS DEVONTAE AND NOT DEONDRE

BTW WTR WAS THIRD PERSON POV AT FIRST THEN I CHANGED IT TO FIRST PERSON, IF THEY ARE ANY MISTAKES PLEASE LET ME KNOW RESPECTFULLY, I EDITTED THIS BY MYSELF SO IT WON'T BE PERFECT.

Waitressing is one of the underpaid jobs in existence. I've worked as a waitress at this diner ever since I arrived here to start college, so I should know. I personally hate the long hours but it's all in a day's work.

The diner is close to the university, and twenty-somethings frequently there for the comforting, fatty food, last-minute studying before an exam, or just to hang out with friends.

While quietly counting down the minutes till I can leave to go home, I approach a customer that just walked in to take their order despite my painful back and aching feet. A tub of cookie dough ice cream and my bed are beckoning to me from where I am.

When Mia, a fellow waitress, walks by, I'm wiping off a table that I had just finished serving. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her halt. " Hey Kiki, you coming tonight?" she finally asks after a brief pause. I shrug and say, "I don't know - I don't think so, it's been a long night," as I set the condiments on the table. The notorious annual party that's held few days before the start of a new semester is what Mia is referring to. The host is Trevor Gardener, a USC athlete and fellow senior. The wealthy basketball star is a party animal who, unsurprisingly, spends his father's money to host the wild parties.

"Please, I'm also going." Mia puts the clean plates away while pouting her lips. As I gather the soiled dishes that customers have left behind, I sigh deeply through my nose. Really, I wouldn't have cared if it had been any other day but this day. Fridays is the day I look forward to least. Why? Because of the diner's constant crowds. I have been standing since eight hours ago, when I reported for my duty. As soon as I walked in, the diner packed with people. To make matters worse, there were only three of us working today: Roman, my best friend, Mia, and myself.

Mia clasps her hands together, pleading. "Please, Kiki," I'm going to answer with "no." I give Mia a stern stare and make it clear that I'm not going to change my mind about going home. As I'm already exhausted after serving clients all afternoon into the evening, I was going home to sleep rather than drink myself to oblivion the following day. Mia gets on her knees, "please, Kiki." I don't budge and arch a brow at her. "I'll bring you ice cream."

That instantly made me consider, "deal. Cookie dough?"

"Cookie dough."

With a handshake and a hug, Mia and I complete our deal. I shriek in pain as Mia spanks me hard on the ass before tossing the towel over her shoulder and skipping away. Couple of customers gaze our way as the sound reverberates around the little diner. I give them an embarrassed smile before slapping Mia's arm.

"What the hell was that for?" I whisper yell while lightly caressing my butt.

"Shut up. Since I hit puberty, I've been longing for an ass like yours." As she ascends the platform leading to the cashier area, Mia remarks. I roll my eyes at her exaggeration because Mia is stunning in every way. With long legs that go on for miles, beautiful tan skin, and doe like facial features.