Chapter six~ Owen

A few weeks had past since the first day of school. We had our first two football games already and were preparing for our next one. Hollis and I had been getting closer lately too. After we had our little argument on the first day of school, it made us weirdly hang out more. 

I liked how I knew the little things about her now. Like her favorite color is yellow and she hates the cold but loves the windy breeze. Or her middle name was Farah.

We were currently working on our geography project at her new house.

"Can we take a break? I don't have the mental capacity to do this for so long." I said, taking a sip of my gatorade.

"Owen Windess, when are you not taking a break?" she laughed. "But yeah, for sure."

" Well anyway, question of the day." I said

She got up and walked to her dresser and grabbed a scrunchie. She started putting up her hair.

"Shoot." she replied, looking up at me.

"What are you being for the halloween party?"  I brought up.

"A hippie. The girls roped me in on that one." Hollis said laughing

"Hmm. Can't wait to see." I said with a goofy grin.

"Now you can't leave me hanging. What are you doing?" She asked.

"Not telling. It's a suprise." I smiled.

"Ugh no fair. You know I hate suprises." She groaned.

"I know." I smiled.

"Wow. Get a best friend they said." She said sarcastically.

I couldn't help but grin. Best friend. I, Owen August Windess, was Hollis's best friend. I didn't know how to react so I just started tickling her.

"Owen! Stoppp." She said in between giggles.

She fell over on the ground and was playfully trying to escape my arms. I toppled over on her, still tickling her.

"Owen." She laughed.

I stopped tickling and looked down at her. She was looking right at me. We were so close, our stomachs touching. I had never been this close to a girl before.

"Owen." She said quietly.

As if on cue, the bedroom door swung open. We shifted off of each other instinctively. I looked up and saw her mother standing in the doorway.

"Totally didn't expect to see that. Owen, do you want to stay for dinner?" Hollis's mom asked.

"Sure, thanks ms.g." I said with a smile. Although I could fell myself blushing.

"Please, call me Esme." She insisted with a gentle smile.

"Well then, I would love to stay for dinner Esme." I replied.

She started walking out of the room but turned.

"And guys, keep the door open if ya'll are going to be like that." 

Damn.

I looked at Hollis, whose cheeks were a now pretty shade of pink.

I playfully punched her arm, "You heard her."

"Oh shut up." She said standing up.

"Lets get back to the project. Just so we can get it over with." She proposed.

I nodded and opened up my computer again, catching a glimpse at her smiling face.

God, this girl is gorgeous.