Chapter eleven~ Hollis

Today was now Friday and it had been a few days since Owen had asked me to be his girlfriend. We decided that night to keep it lowkey, of course we had gotten so excited a few hours later and posted about it. Now everyone knew, not that I was complaining.

 It was now the second class period and that was the class I had with Annika and Breya. Breya had been acting kind of normal again but I was still careful about what to say. Although with Annika it was strange. I didn't really bring up the fact that she was sleeping with my "straight" sister and she didn't bring up the fact she was sleeping with my sister. Not that I had a problem with them both being girls and my best friend and sister. It was just weird because of the way I walked in on them and my sister had had a boyfriend up until that night apparently. 

Regardless, I was going to talk to Annika about it. I kept replaying the day I talked to Brooklyn in my head.

(flashback memory to a few days ago)

I was making a sandwich in the kitchen when Brooklyn came walking in.

"Brooks. We need to talk." I said to her.

"Yeah, I know. Ask away." She sighed.

She took a seat across from me.

I took a deep breath and sat down in the chair beside me. 

"Are you still with Connor?" I asked first.

Connor was her boyfriend from back home. Easy questions first, I thought. We'd work our way up.

She sighed, "No. Connor was probably sleeping with half the cheer leading team we I lived there. God knows whats happening now that I'm here. I broke up with him a few weeks ago."

I nodded, she probably was right and that did make sense.

"Okay and what about Niki? Are you into the girls now?" I asked her.

She hesitated, " Yeah. I didn't know for sure but I always kind of knew.  Annika just helped realize that, I guess."

Weird hearing that come out of your older sister. I was glad for her finding herself but its odd when its with your best friend.

I asked another question, " How long have you and Annika been sleeping together? Do you like her?" 

That's when Brooklyn got mad.

"We aren't sleeping together Hollis! It was just kissing, God how dumb can you be sometimes. And yes! I do like Annika, alot." She yelled.

"Well sorry for seeing the two of you on top of each other and groping one another. Sorry I'm worried that your'e fucking my best friend behind my back!" I shot back.

That's when my mom walked in with a half confused, half shocked look on her face.

"Your'e sleeping with Owen? I thought Hollis would be the one doing that." My mom said.

"No she is not sleeping with Owen. She's sleeping with Annika." I replied to my mother.

"You bitch!" Brooklyn yelled and started toward the stairs.

My mom followed after her, "Brooke wait!"

And there I was left alone in the kitchen with my sandwich.

(Back to now)

To say the least, Brooklyn wasn't really talking to me right now. Making it weirder with Annika and I.