Chapter twelve~Owen

Hollis had said yes to being my homecoming date, which I was so relieved about.  We had picked up a pizza and were on our way to her house.

We still hadn't told her mom officially but I'm sure she already knew because of the the subtle hints she keeps dropping at us, plus Esme is after all my mothers best friend.

We pulled up in her driveway and I started unbuckling my seat belt.

"Are we going to tell her tonight?" I asked Hollis.

Hollis looked up at me, "I mean yeah if you want. I doesn't really matter to me because I'm sure she knows." 

"True. We should get it over with then. Tell her it really nonchalantly as if its nothing." I suggested.

"Yeah that sounds good." She replied to me.

We got out of the car and I reached out for Hollis's hand and she grinned.

We walked inside the house, still holding hands and we saw Esme and Lynleigh on the couch, they were watching some rom-com.

"Hey. Ooh you brought food." Lynleigh said pausing the movie.

"Yeah we did, for us." Hollis said.

"Damn." Lynleigh replied.

"Sorry Lyn." I told her.

"No biggie." She said eyeing our hands.

Esme seemed to notice too.

"So anything new going on." Esme asked us.

"No not much. We just won the game though,52-34." I replied.

Esme looked disappointed in that answer but nodded, "Nice."

I turned to look at Hollis who had that look in her eyes. That stubborn and she had an idea look.

She turned her head and kissed me. She then walked off to the kitchen area to grab plates.

Esme sat there looking surprised. Probably not by the fact that we're together but for Hollis doing that. I wasn't complaining though.

Lynleigh had an amused look on her face. 

Esme pointed to the two of us.

"Since when is that a thing?" Esme asked.

Hollis smiled and shrugged, "Since Sunday."

"Damnit. Now I owe Bee money. Good for you guys though, just keep the door open now, okay." Esme went on.

I laughed, "That we can do."

"Okay O.  Let's head up." Hollis said grabbing the food, plates and water bottles. 

"Let me grab some of that." I said to her while I grabbed the pizza and plates from her.

She smiled, "Thank youuu."

We walked up the stairs and into Hollis's room. She had changed and improved alot from the last time I had been in here. It was very more Hollis like.

"I like the room, very more you." I commented as we walked in.

"Oh thanks, I did it the night of the party." She said while she cleared a bunch of clothes and homework stuff off the bed.

And laid down and put the pizza box on top of her stomach and patted the space next to her.

I crawled into the bed and laid down beside her. I adjusted the box so it was balancing on top of the box of us.