Chapter twenty-five~ Hollis

Hey y'all, just popping on here and adding a trigger warning for the chapter. It'll get into details about sexual assaults that occur. Enjoy reading lovelies

"Okay, we have an hour. What exactly do we need?" My mom asked while she grabbed a cart.

We had gotten the lists for college dorms and mom wanted to hop right on it, even though I hadn't even been given my roommate yet.

"Bathroom supplies and bedroom essentials, we should probably stick to the smaller things until I get my roommate." I answered.

I put my phone and wallet into the front of the cart.

"That's no fun though, let's get some cute decor for your room area." My mom complained.

Sometimes it was like I was the adult and she was he teenage girl. In ways we talked to the gilmore girls but less comedic.

"Only if we see something cute. Let's stay away from buying something just to buy it." I said settling on that.

"Okay, okay mom." She whined.

My mom was the type that bough just have but it. Maybe it was a mom thing?

"Hope you enjoy your shopping today, let me know if you ladies need anything." A man said at the entrance.

"Okay, thank you." I smiled.

"I can't believe you're going off to college in a few months." She sighed.

"I know, you're getting old." I responded.

She grabbed a white step stool, "The beds are tall. And no I am not, when I had the twins I bragged to everybody that I'd be 35 and on vacations, kid-less." 

"35 and a grandma." I pointed out.

I wanted to be open about that baby and not bring yo the situation as if it was offensive.

"Yeah, well everything happens for a reason." She said moving away to the curtain section.

"And I'll be 36 then, fyi." She added.

My phone dinged and my mom grabbed it while I pushed the cart around the store.

"From Owen, to Hollis, "Hang out later? Missing you."" She read off.

Automatically I calmed down at the fact he didn't say anything sexual, like many of his other texts.

"Say that's fine." I answered while looking at the storage bins.

I ppeeked around for the white ones and there none in sight. I settled on the grey shaded one, wasn't like these would be seen anyway.

"Sounds good to me, I miss you too." She typed out loud.

I smirked

She out the phone down onto the cart again, "Are you gonna break up with him for college?"

"What? No, why?" I asked defensively.

"Well you are going long distance." She pointed out, "I tried dumping your dad, he didn't out up with it though and won me back."

"Big mistake." I pointed out.

"On his part.  Everything happens for a strange reason, though. Things make sense in the end."

I nodded.

What if I did?

I immediately felt guilty for that thought even going through my head, of course I would break up with him. Owen was mine and I was his and that's how it was always going to me.