Chapter sixteen~ Owen

"Beck, where do you think she would've gone?" I asked him frantically.

"I don't know, she's your girlfriend." He replied.

I sighed.

"Look maybe she's at the house or Annika's. A hangout or comfort place maybe?" He went on naming things.

"Lets try Annika's. You text Brooklyn or Lynleigh to see if she's home." I said to him as I pulled out of the school parking lot.

I drove quickly and toward Annika's part of town.

"She's not at her house or Annika's." Beck said not looking up from his phone.

"Okay. Maybe I'll try Enzo's, I guess." I said.

Beck nodded and I reversed the car and changed directions.

"What the hell did you do anyway?" He asked me.

"Nothing Beck. She thinks I cheated on her with Breya." I snapped.

"And did you?" He questioned.

"No Beckham. I didn't cheat on her and would never."

"Then why does she think you did?" Beck asked again.

"Because Breya was all over me at practice and said some bullshit to upset Hollis. And Hollis probably didn't know what to think." I explained.

"That's always been Hollis. She's been gullible since forever and has major trust issues because of her dad. I get why she got so upset" Beck said.

I pulled into into Enzo's, " I feel so bad man, I was being a total dick about it too. Jesus, Beck she deserves so much better." I went.

"Being her family and all, I agree. But being your best friend, I see the good in you. You didn't mean to start anything, hell you didn't, it was Breya starting everything. Either way, don't feel sorry for yourself."

I nodded, "Thanks Beck", "She's not here either though." 

"Dear God. She had no car so where the hell could she have run to?" Beck added.

Where could this girl be?

Where would she go where she could be alone, somewhere only she would know?

And that's when it hit me.

"Breakwater Beach." I said out loud.

"Wait why would she be there? There are so many beaches why there?" Beck asked.

" I took her there on our first date, it kind of hidden so nobody would think to go looking there. She has to be hiding out there."

"You're probably right O. Lets hurry up then and get you to her." Beck said to me.

I pulled the car out of the Enzo's parking lot and stepped on the gas pedal. 

I could see the beach in the distance; we were all most there.

"O slow down a little bit." Beck said.

"It's fine Beck, we're almost there anyw-"

And bam. Another car collided with ours and we felt the strong impact. 

I was so close to her but so far.

I kept telling myself don't doze off, don't doze off.

I couldn't help it though. I quickly found myself passed out in my wrecked jeep alongside Beck. 

........................

I woke up to the sounds of machinery beeping and the smell of disinfectant. I flickered my eyes open and saw my mom sitting a chair across the room. And then it all hit me.