Chapter fourteen~Owen

Today was the day. Homecoming.

I had already made most of the preparations for tonight. Like making a reservation, getting a corsage for Hollis, my tux, and all that good stuff.

It was about 2:00 now and I didn't have much to do anymore. Hollis and I were meeting up at 4:30 to do pictures and all that before our dinner reservations. 

We were going to some fancy Italian place that Beck insisted we should go to with him and Mona. I had to admit that I was a little worried in trusting Beck with this.

I put that in the back of my mind and decided to make a plan for the next two and a half hours. I figured I should be semi-productive.

I was going to catch up on homework for awhile and then study the game plan for a bit. And then start getting ready at some point before 4:30.

So I sat down and pulled out my biology homework and studying was what I tried to do.

After about a half hour of doing that I naturally got bored. I checked my phone to see if I had any new messages since I had silenced it before homework.

I had the usual snapchat notifications from the football group chat which I didn't care about really. I also had one missed facetime call from Beckham.

I called him back and he picked up at the second ring.

"Hey. Whats up?" He asked me.

"Nothing. You called me though?" I said to him.

I started walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. Nobody was here.

"Oh yeah. I was just still checking to see if you were good for dinner all that. Do you want to ride there together with the girls?" He said.

He looked like he was sitting out by his pool outside.

"Uh yeah that works. I'll just have to ask Hollis." I replied.

I started chopping up some fruit to make into a smoothie.

"Already done. I checked with Lis first and she said she didn't care and was down for whatever." Beckham said getting up.

I nodded, "Oh ok. Then that's fine I guess." I paused, "Actually, should we take separate cars if there's an after party?" 

He thought about it for a second, "Oh your totally right man. Yeah then you and Lis should take your own car. Mona and I are going to a hotel afterward anyway so.." His voice trailed off.

My eyes widen, "Beckham Grant Langford! You are not taking her to a hotel after the homecoming. Have some class man."

"Dude its not like that. She even was the one to suggest it. We're literally just getting a room to crash." He mumbled, "And maybe sleep together."

I sighed, "Whatever, just use protection Beck. Please. I really don't want to be an uncle at seventeen."

I saw Beck shake his head, "Owen, I got that covered just in case. Do not worry your little head. But that reminds me, you dont need any uh-" 

He held up a few condoms.

I shook my head immediately. I hadn't even though of that yet in our relationship.

"No Beck. Hollis and I have been dating for hardly two weeks and just no." I answered him.

"Okay whatever you say Owen. Just remember that she's my little cousin." Beckham said smiling.

"Beck you know she's older than you." I replied with a laugh.

He scoffed, "Yeah yeah, whatever. Still my cousin."