Chapter twenty-six~ Owen

My phone buzzed.

I grabbed it and a text from Calvin appeared. 

You up for grabbing dinner tonight? I know this great Italian place.

I mentioned how much I loved italian food the last time we hung out.  

I quickly typed up my answer, "Sure, what time?"

Just as I hit sent,  Liam walked into my room.

I threw my phone onto the bed, "What Lee?" 

"I need to borrow your car." He said.

If he borrowed my car then I couldn't meet up with Calvin. I had plans with my dad, and really didn't want to cancel.

"Liam, I don't know." I said, unsure.

"Please Owen. I promised Syd." He whined.

What's the worst that could happen? I could just have Calvin pick me up and drop me off before Liam got back.

"Fine. But if you crash it, you're dead." I settled on.

"Thank you, I owe you big time." He said with a grin.

My phone dinged again, I looked down at it and read, "I'll pick you up at six. See you then."

"Who's that?" Liam asked.

"Nobody. Don't worry about it." I responded.

Today was not the day he was going to find about Calvin and I. Knowing Liam, it wouldn't end  the best way.

He walked toward me curious, "No, who is it?" 

He lunnged toward my phone but I grabbed it first.

"Jesus, Liam. It's just Hollis, calm down." I lied.

"Oooh yeah, don't want for see Hollis' nudes." He said scrunching his nose.

I shook my head, annoyed but glad he bought it.

"Goodbye now, William." I said, clearly kicking him out of my bedroom.

He shook his head, "Au revoir, Owen Augustus."

.....

I heard my phone buzz.

Just pulled in.

I grabbed my phone and wallet and ran downstairs. I walked out the door anf saw my dad sitting in his red Alfa Romeo.

He clearly wasn't afraid to show his wealth through the cars he owned, emphasis on cars.

"Hey, thanks for agreeing to hang out." Calvin said as I got into the car.

"Yeah no problem." I answered.

He pulled out of the driveway and drove away.

We were seated at the back, a more quieter section. I bet twenty dollars that he tipped them off to put us here.

I had ended up just orders the basic spaghetti and meatballs. Everyone on the menu was hardcore italian that I couldn't even pronounce. Calvin took the fancier route of food.

"I've been watching some of your football highlights." Calvin brought up.

"Really?" I said, genuinely surprised by that.

"Yep, and you're really good too. I really wish I was there to see you play." He said.

I took a bite into my spaghetti, "You could come to college football games. I'm going to Waylon on a football scholarship anyway."