Chapter thirty-six~ Owen

I  had to babysit Stella today. I wasn't over the moon about this arrangement but Stella wasn't that bad. She was honestly really funny for her age.

It also wasn't that bad since Natalie was here. It was rainy Saturday and there wasn't much to do.

Natalie, Stella and I were having a movie day. It wasn't the typical movies we wanted to watch because currently Stella was going through a 'Frozen' phase. It wasn't like Natalie and I were watching much of the movie though.

During the second movie, all Stella was doing was talking.

Nonstop.

The movie finally ended but Stella's talking did not.

"Naptime!" I announced to Stella.

"No." She simply said.

"Stells, that was deal. Another movie and then a nap." I explained.

"No, no no. I'm not tired, I want princess braids."

Natalie nudged me, "You heard her. The girl just wants her princess braids."

"Hey, want me to do your hair?" Natalie asked Stella.

"Yes."

"And after that, you have to take a nap. Okay?" She compromised.

"Okay."

"Okay. Okay. Owen we'll be back ina jiff." Natalie said to me.

Stella started marching up the stairs.

"And when I get back, it'll be Natalie and Owen time." She said with a  sexy smile.

I smiled, "Good luck." 

She leaned over and kissed me on the lips. Then she walked up to the staircase and walked up it to Stella's room.

I sat on the couch as I heard Natalie and Stella talking upstairs. I scrolled through Instagram and Snapchat and saw clicked on Hollis' story.

 I scrolled through Instagram and Snapchat and saw clicked on Hollis' story

And truthfully, for the first time in a long time, I didn't think anything of it.

She seemed happy and that made me happy.

"You wouldn't happen to know where your warden keeps her brush."  Natalie yelled from up the stairs.

"Bathroom. And fyi your phone s ringing."

"Pick it up. I'll be right there." She yelled back.

"Hey babe, I just got out of work." A guy said, "What time do you get back from Hannah's?"

I didn't respond, maybe my jaw even dropped.

"Nat? You there?" He said again.

I immediately hung up the phone.