Chapter nine~ Hollis

I had ran into his arms and kissed him. It was pouring rain and I was freezing but I didn't care.

"Lys what are you doing here?" Owen asked, still holding me in his arms.

"I had to see you. I'm sorry about earlier, I was just scared." I explained.

He looked me in the eyes, "Scared about what?"

I took a breath, "Scared because I have feeling for you Owen. Scared because I don't want to get hurt in the process."

He kissed my forehead, " I wont ever hurt you Hollis."

"I know." I replied, looking into his eyes again.

"Here. Lets get you out of the rain." Owen said. He picked up his sweatshirt and held it over my head as we ran to the car.

"Wait did you run here?" Owen said curiously.

"Yeah. Couldn't find the keys." I laughed.

"Hollis its like three miles!" Owen said wide eyed.

I shrugged "I had somewhere to be." 

I cuddled up to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

He was smiling like crazy.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

"Nothing, I just like you." He said looking down at me.

That made me smile and I felt the butterflies in my stomach. This boy was seriously the sweetest.

"I like you." I smiled and entwined my hand in his.

He smiled when he looked down at our hands.

"Enzo's" He asked me.

I looked up at him and laughed, " We're soaked. Takeout at my house instead?"

"Even better." He said.

He started pulling out of the parking lot.

"Did you grab all your stuff from the bleachers?" I asked.

"Yeah." He responded.

"Oh ok." I said.

He pulled out and started driving away from the school.

"Do you need the directions for my house?" I asked him.

"No, I think I'm good. " He replied.

I nodded.

I looked at our hands, still intertwined. I began to wonder what could happen with us. Would be date? Or maybe forget this night ever happened? Friends with benefits maybe, nah.

My thoughts were interrupted when Owen began to speak.

"Its kind of crazy our moms were high school best friends and now are together again." He said.

I nodded, "Yeah, it's pretty cool. They seem like the same person as well, ya know. Also your mom is way younger than I assumed. No offense or anything." I rambled.

Owen nodded his head, "Yeah, I think she had me at eighteen or nineteen and then had Liam a year later. Your mom had you and the twins young too, huh?"

"Yep, the twins at seventeen and me at nineteen. Ugh, I cant imagine having a kid at this age, much less two." I sighed.

"I mean if you were with the right person, I could imagine it would be a bit more bearable. Although that didn't work out much for either of them so that must've been hard." Owen replied and turned onto my street.