Chapter fifty-four~Hollis

The honeymoon in Aruba was absolutely magical. 

We were there for ten days and stayed in a little house on the beach. I missed Flora so much but it was good to have a little break and just be engrossed in each other.

It was really chill the whole time. We'd lounge on the beach together all day, every day. And when the night came around, we'd go to little restaurant and bars and do whatever we wanted.

Some nights we'd get drunk and dance the night away, other's we'd just have a few glasses of wine and explore the island.

There was only one day that rained and we just spent the whole day watching movies, cuddling and hooking up.

Luke and I made a pact that if life didn't get in the way, we'd have to come here every few years for our wedding anniversary.

We'd been back home for a few weeks and had been trying to settle into the married life. It honestly wasn't that different from before other than my last name and finally being able to call each other husband and wife.

I really loved that part of it all.  Not to mention, it was nice to just look down at my hand and see the wedding band just resting on my finger. Even better, when I'd look down at Luke's hand and see his wedding band.

It was something so simple but something that warmed my heart almost immediately.

After the honeymoon being so great, Luke and I decided we need more nights like that. So ever since two weeks ago, we'd made an effort to go out every Saturday night.

We'd get a babysitter for Flora every Saturday and go out late enough where Flora was sleeping so she wouldn't even know we were gone and we wouldn't miss out on anything with her.

The last two times, Luke's cousin, Hannah would watch Flora. She was fourteen and surprisingly really liked babysitting Flora and Waco.

I couldn't blame her because I was like that when I was her age, too.

Flora was waking up from a nap, currently, and I was in her room trying to change her.

She was being really fussy, right now, she always acted this way for the first twenty minutes or so. But afterwards, she'd be really silly and giggly and I loved it.

I laid her down on the changing table and tickled her belly in hopes of cheering her up. Her face read a blank expression, I don't think she could tell if she wanted to be angry or happy, right now.

"Now what to wear, what to wear." I said to her.

She cooed in response, I loved when she did that, too. It was nice to think she knew what I was saying. Even better to think she wanted to try and say something back to me.

I walked over to her dresser and she started to fuss, I could hear her little cries start up.

"Oh, don't cry, baby girl." I told her.

She continued to cry.

I could just tell that she was gonna be a wild child when she was older.  She never really listened to me now so I couldn't imagine how it was going to be when she was a teenager.

I quickly picked out a short sleeve white onesie and since it was chilly out, I picked out an off white knit sweater with light pink stripes. 

I loved dressing her up, if it wasn't obvious.

I walked over, scooped her up in my arms, and started rocking her.

"It's okay, sweet girl. It's okay." I said over her little cries.