Chapter thirty~ Owen

"Owen, I shouldn't have to say it again, get up." Calvin said while opening the blinds.

I could hear Stella and Kiersten downstairs, Stella's loud toddler voice was filling the house. It was definitely way more comforting than at my mom's house.

 Nonetheless, since the breakup, I had fallen into some weird depression like state. I would sleep and drink away my hurt. It was a weird vicious cycle.

Calvin had been lenient and let me skip that Monday but then I actually just skipped and laid in bed the other days. Calvin had to go all dad mode now.

I couldn't say I blamed the guy.

He walked out of the room and into his, all the way down the hall.

I laid back down and tried blocking out the light. I felt like shit.

I couldn't get out of bed and when I did, I was miserable. I snuck the alcohol kept in the wine cellar and took it for myself. This is how I coped.

Meanwhile, Hollis seemed perfectly fine after everything.

If anything, she seemed to be her best self. She woke up early to go to the gym, even on school days. She took up new things at school and was focused on that. She was hanging out with a guy now. That guy being captain of the baseball team, Luke Craine.

He was a good guy and if she had to be with anyone else, I'm glad it wasn't a douchebag. I'm glad it was it wasn't someone who would take advantage of her. That's besides the point, though.

She was clearly thriving. She was absolutely thriving without me. And she wasn't afraid to show it.

"Owen, now." He said while tying on his tie, "I'm gonna be late." 

He had insisted on driving me because he didn't trust me to not skip. Again, couldn't blame the guy.

I ignored him.

Why did she has so much power over me? She has so much damn power over me an she hadn't even said a word to me.

Know what? I'm not gonna let her have that anymore.

I got out of bed, more like stumbled. But regardless, I was now out of the bed.

And I was ready to go to school and get myself back.

....

I'm gonna be completely frank, school was kicking my ass. 

I couldn't focus. My mind just kept wondering to everything. 

My new living situation, my family drama, my Hollis.

No not my Hollis anymore.

I couldn't believe I screwed up the best thing I had. I just couldn't.

And she didn't even seem fazed, Hollis fucking Green couldn't give two shits about it. She now had Luke, the second after we broke up.

Literally the second after.

If anything she was now scared because I punched my keep out of frustration. Which, I wouldn't recommend. It hurt like a bitch.

"Owen." The teacher, Mr. Miller said, loudly.

"What?" I asked, now snapping out of my thoughts.

And then the bell rang for lunch, thank God for that bell. I seriously wasn't ready to go answer some algebraic expression.

I walked out immediately so he couldn't question me further.

I walked straight to my locker to put my books away when someone came up to me.