Chapter forty-three~ Hollis

The first thing I did when I found out I was pregnant was throw up. I didn't throw up because of it was a pregnancy symptom. I threw up because I was thirteen weeks pregnant and for the past thirteen weeks I had been drinking.

Not to mention how wasted I had gotten just three weeks ago on my twenty second birthday.

After puking and crying, I started thinking logically. I called my gynecologist back and she was sweet enough to get me in touch with an OBGYN. The earliest appointment I could get was two weeks from now when my baby would be fifteen weeks.

I took it.

After figuring out all the steps to finding out my baby's state of health, I finally had time to actually think about it all.

This led to me crying some more.

I wasn't out of college or married yet. I had just started this new, amazing chapter in my life and then I was hit with this. I couldn't be a mom, hell did I even want to be a mom?

I knew I had to do this, though. Whether I wanted to or not, I had to.

I had so many strong women in my life do this on their own, I definitely could get through it just fine.

My logical thinking went away and I kept thinking badly again.

How was I supposed to be someone's mom when I could hardly make smart decisions on my own. 

I felt so out of control right now and I hated it. I hated it with everything in me.

And then a terrifying thought crossed my mind.

How was I supposed to break this news to Luke?

I laid in bed, wondering and questioning everything and then I heard the dogs barking and the creaky front door open.

I heard Luke's voice greet everyone and mingle a bit.

"Hey, where's Hollis?" Luke asked as he entered the house.

A few moments later, I heard him walk up the stairs and towards my bedroom.

The door opened and I turned my body over so I would be looking at Luke when he entered.

Sure enough, it was Luke, standing in the doorway. 

I put a smile on my face, "Hey, baby."

He walked over to the queen sized bed that I was laying on. He, then, leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

He sat down on the bed, "Did I wake you up?"

"No, I've been up for a while anyway. How was the ride down here?" I asked, shifting my body upward.

"Long. You'd be surprised how many people are on the road on Christmas eve." He answered.

I nodded, "I watched the game yesterday, I'm so proud of you."

"Oh really? Normally you hate watching my games." He said, raising an eyebrow.

I shrugged, "Sometimes you need a little distraction. Either way, you did amazing."

"I'm flattered, really." He laughed.

"Why are you in here all alone? Party's done there." He asked.

Tell him, Hollis. Just get it over with and tell him.

"Just needed a little power nap. Want to go down now? I asked.

"Sure. They're watching Nightmare Before Christmas." Luke said.

"A family favorite." I commented.