Chapter forty~Hollis

I stepped out of the big lecture room and saw Luke and Waco standing out in the common grounds. He was wearing my favorite sweatshirt of his, the burnt orange one. Although, I always stole this from him and it was more mine than he lately.

He also had a small picnic basket with him.

Sadly, today I actually had to go into school for the whole day. It was pretty hard but I had funny classmates and decent teachers.

Six more months, I kept telling myself.

Six more months until summer. Six more months until sleeping in. Six more months until I graduate and am done with school.

For good.

I ran up to them, "What are you doing here? Don't you have class?" 

I started petting Waco, and he kept trying to lick my face.

"Got out early and wanted to surprise my girl. Plus, Waco was missing his mama." He answered.

"Oh, is that so?" I said to Waco with a goofy smile, and continued to play with him.

"Yup, he's been laying on your pillow all day." Luke added.

"Wow, Waco. You need to appreciate your daddy." I laughed.

"Seriously." Luke said.

"Want to head down to the beach? We have a few more hours of sunlight." He suggested.

He added, "Plus I got some Italian subs and champagne."

"I'm don't know, Luke. I'm exhausted and just want to take a long nap." I admitted.

"No, come on. We'll just hang out at the beach for an hour or so. Two hours tops." He added.

I gave into it, "Fine. Why not, but we're not staying for long." 

"Fine, fine."

.....

We walked a few blocks until we got down to the beach. Luke had set up a cute little area for us to chill out. Waco was absolutely loving the beach which made me happy considering we could take him here more often.

"What's the occasion for all this?" I asked Luke.

"What do you mean?" He asked back.

"I meant what's the occasion for this little beach date." I explained.

He nudged my shoulder with his, "No occasion necessary. I just want to surprise my girl with a special day. You've been so stressed with school and designing."

Designing. I had gotten in touch with the brand and wed started picking out color pallets and styles. I had pretty much everything decided in that aspect. We just had to get them created and then begin the modeling process. I was absolutely over the moon about it all, though it did get quite tired with school and work.

I yawned a huge yawn, "Aren't you the best boyfriend ever? How did I get so lucky?" 

Owen laughed, "I should be asking you that and why do you think you're so tired?" 

I shrugged, "I don't know. I'm thinking it has something to do with my birth control, my ob has to call me back on that." 

I had went to the obgyn to change my birth control earlier this week. It had been messing with my mood swings way more than usual and I wasn't here for it.

She said she'd call me back in the next 1-2 weeks so now I just had to wait.

"Maybe you're just pregnant." He joked while chuckling.

"God, don't even joke about that. This little guy is enough for me." I replied back, looking down at Waco.

I pulled off my cream colored sweatshirt because it was started to get hot. Underneath I had a little white sun dress.

I started digging through the basket, looking at all the different foods.

"Oh my God, you got this? This is my absolute favorite rece-" I looked over my shoulder.

And then I saw him.

He was kneeling down with a little velvet box in hand.

"Luke." I said.

"Hollis, I had never really seen myself wanting to be married or have a family. And then I met you." He started saying, smiling.

I could feel my eyes watering up with tears.

"I knew since I saw you on the first day of senior year, I wanted you. I was too shy to ever come up to you but then I finally got the nerve to talk to you at prom. That was the best decision I've ever made."

"And now you're my girl. The girl I want to be with forever."

"I know we're young but I know I want to be with you for the rest of my life. So marry me, Hollis. Please will you please make me the luckiest man, and marry me?" Luke asked.

"Yes, Luke. Yes, I'll marry you." I nodded.

He stood up, with a big grin on his face. He then, slipped the beautiful ring into my ring finger and pulled me into a kiss.

...

We laid down in sand together, side by side. Waco was sleeping on top of my legs, he was seriously a mamas boy.

"Thank you for accepting because that would've been awkward if you didn't." He laughed.

I leaned my forehead to his, "Thank you for asking, baby."

"I love you, Hollis Green." 

"And I love you so, Lucas Craine."

Hollis

Hollis.Green: couldn't been happier to be able to say i'm marrying my best friend. I love you unconditionally Lucas Macon Craine @lukecraine

Hope y'all enjoyed this little baby chapter. Big things are to come. Like, vote, follow and share for more. i luv u!