Chapter One Hundred Twenty

A/N: surprise surprise because it's christmas!

even tho my fam doesn't celebrate christmas, i hope you guys had a great day and lots of presents!

this chappie is a lil on the funny side so enjoy!

————————————————————

"Because one Parker wasn't enough."

————————————————————

"Miss Potts," a waiter greeted with a warm smile.

The woman smiled back at him as she walked down the carpeted path towards him.

"Hi," she greeted.

"Please, come this way," he said, gesturing to the hall towards his right, "Mr. Stark is waiting for you at a private table."

Pepper nodded, following the waiter deeper into the restaurant. It was nighttime now, later that same day, and as per the billionaire's request — more so a demand — she was here at Le Bernardin. She noticed the lights became dimmer and dimmer as walked through the restaurant. She could hear the distinct chatter and clinking of cutlery of other guests. The soft sound of a piano drifted to her ears. They turned a corner, stopping in front of a dimly-lit area of the restaurant that was scattered with soft yellow lights and flowers. And of course, one billionaire as promised, sitting at a clothed table in the center of it all, dressed in a black suit, smiling at her.

"Thank you," Pepper said quietly to the waiter and he nodded, taking that as his cue to leave the two alone. She smiled at Tony as he stood up.

"I think the dress could have been a little more revealing, but I approve," he joked.

He walked over to the other side of the table, pulling out a chair for her. It was a deep navy dress that plunged down the front and had practically no back. She didn't know what could have been more revealing than that, but when it came to Tony, more was always less. Still smiling, Pepper made her way to the chair, her heels clicking softly against the floor with every step. She took a seat and Tony gracefully pushed her chair in before returning to his seat on the other side of the circular table.

"I didn't think you were actually going to come," he said, taking a sip from his wine glass.

"And stand you up? That's more your thing, not mine," she teased.

"Touché," he said and then looked up at her, meeting her eyes. He smiled slightly. "Remember when I stood you up on our second date because I lost the address of the restaurant?"

"No, you lost the address on the third date. On the second one, you got drunk and fell asleep and completely forgot about the date," she reminded him. Tony chuckled.

"Yeah, that was it," he said, shaking his head as his eyes fell to the table once again. When he looked up at the woman again, she was smiling down at her plate. He had missed that smile. A lot. "Sometimes, I don't know why you put up with me."

Pepper laughed lightly.

"I don't either," she said, meeting his eyes, "You're a toddler, you know that?"

"Oh believe me, I know," he said. And that was when the waiter returned with their food. He put down in front of them, nodding his head slightly.

"Please, let me know if you need anything else at all," he said before leaving them alone again.