Chapter Twenty-One

A/N: I can't believe I actually got this done on time. I've actually been drowning in work all week long and 5 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it, apparently.

Alright! So the last chapter, we got to see some (hopefully) surprising action. I read your reviews and I loved your reactions! I really thought that I had made it too obvious and you guys had seen it coming, but, hey, I guess I had done better than I thought! Although, I had done the whole Ned getting hints about Adelaide and Tony just to divert your attention when he found out that she was the Blue Phantom. Just one of the tricks I had up my sleeve...Anyway, so this chapter is a little less climatic than the last one. To be honest, most of this chapter is just Adelaide sulking over the last chapter and trying to make up her mind. So, there's not much but it's important. I've actually been waiting to write the last scene of this chapter since even before Age of Ultron so I'm super excited about that even though I kind of got writer's block towards the end.

I have an idea for what I want in the next chapter and I would tell you my plans for this timeline, but I don't want to spoil this chapter so I guess I'll just tell you guys that in the next author's note just so we can be on the same page. I will say that the next chunk of this story is mainly gonna be like a hybrid of Dawn of Truth and the Spider-Man origin story.

————————————————————-
"Or what about Captain America?

Does he actually look old?"
————————————————————-

Adelaide grunted, throwing a punch. She was drenched in sweat, breathing hard. She wiped the sweat off of her forehead with her arm, shaking her head. Adelaide positioned her feet again, gritting her teeth as she eyed the punching bag.

"Так!" (So!)

Punch.

"ебаный!" (Fucking!)

Punch.

"глупый!" (Stupid!)

You're the Blue Phantom!

She growled, punching the punching bag so hard, she felt the vibration travel through her arm.

From Sokovia!

Adelaide spun around, hitting the bag again. Her entire body was burning with energy. She was seeing spots in her vision, yet all she could see was the punching bag in front of her.

My friend! A superhero!

She kicked the bag angrily, smashing it as it came swinging back. She swung her leg around, landing another hard kick on it. It swung backwards. When it came back, she began punching it as hard and fast as she could. She focused on the punches, the movement of her hands, the sweat rolling down her face.

You're the Blue Phantom! From Sokovia! My friend!

Adelaide growled angrily, throwing her last punch as hard as she could. Then she slumped over, leaning against the railing. She stared at the punching bag, seeing flashbacks of last night. How could she have been so fucking careless? She had one job. One fucking job.

Adelaide heard the door opening, but she didn't acknowledge it, knowing exactly who it was.

"Go away," she grumbled. Tony stepped over the rope, coming inside the ring. She glared at him and he just blinked in oblivion.

"что ты хочешь?" (What do you want?) she mumbled.

"Okay, you've been acting like a little demon ever since I picked you up last night. So shoot. Talk to me. Confess. Spill it. Spill the beans, kid." Adelaide sighed, picking her water bottle off the floor. She began to chug it, to avoid answering any questions. Tony rolled his eyes and then snatched the bottle out of the teenager's hand.