Chapter One Hundred Five

A/N: hellooo

this week went by so damn fAST probably cause school started for me and ive somehow been knee-deep in shit to do already. good news is that im actually on top of my work, like i promised myself i would be. i was really nervous with classes being online and everything that i would fall behind but i have really good professors this semester so it's going pretty well

ALSO THE CRAZIEST THING HAPPENED

so i have to take this honors class for my program and i chose the one where we studied hollywood in the 60s-70s. and get this. my professor showed us pictures of him working as an actor and HE WAS IN FORREST GUMP. not only that, but he also met dustin hoffman before AND HES INTERVIEWED QUENTIN TARANTINO BEFORE AUHSAIDJSKSKXJ

HOW?? COOL?? IS?? THAT??

his class is easily my favorite :,)

anyway, onto the chapter! is this 104? 105? not really sure.

————————————————————
"I send you to a dance and you end

up in a hospital with a cast on your leg?"
————————————————————

Tony was asleep beside her bed when Adelaide woke up in the middle of the night.

His head was lying on his crossed arms as he sat in the chair. It couldn't be comfortable to lean forward on the bed instead of lying down. Adelaide sat there for a moment, admiring his sleeping face. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. Knowing him as well as she did, he probably hadn't. Whenever he was stressed, the first thing to go out the door was sleep. It was a bad habit of his that she had tried to fix, but never could. She didn't even want to think about how little sleep he must have gotten in the past few months.

Adelaide had so much she wanted to say to him, but she didn't want to wake him up. So she lied there, studying his peaceful face with a soft smile and a happy little skip in her heart. Who knew that someone you didn't even know a few years ago could suddenly become the most important person in your life? She had been kidding herself these past four months. As if she really ever could live without Tony.

No matter how it had happened, she was just glad she had gotten her Tony back.

And with those happy thoughts, Adelaide fell back asleep.

—————

"I can't believe this," someone said.

Adelaide cracked her eyes open slowly. The pain throughout her body had subsided to a dull ache that she couldn't pinpoint to one area. It had only been a little over one day since she had been in the hospital.

"I send you to a dance and you end up in a hospital with a cast on your leg? Honestly, what is the matter with you?"

The ache behind her eyes had lessened only slightly. The sharp pain still jolted through her skull if she moved her head too fast. She wished the bright fluorescent lights above her could be dimmed or turned off completely.

"I get that you're teenagers. Being reckless is your birthright, but this is too much," the voice of the woman continued. She sounded shaky. Adelaide slowly turned her head to see two blurry figures sitting on the sofa, by the door.