Chapter Eight

A/N: This chapter is one day late again and my only excuse is that I needed more time to edit it. But I honestly found that having two days to work on it and then posting it on the third day leads to less problems for me so I guess I'm going to start doing that now...Anyway, I wrote this chapter with a smile on my face - an evil one and a nice one. We get to see two characters that we haven't heard from in a while and I love writing them because it's so mysterious and funny at the same time lol. There's more Pepper mom, there's a lot more of Peter and Adie, and two new characters whom I love to death. You'll know them when you see them. ;)

So tomorrow I have like a million doctor's appointments (don't worry, there's nothing wrong with me) and one of them is the eye doctor so my eyes will get dilated and I probably won't be able to write anything for a while. I have started the next chapter, but there's still a lot more left in it so I don't know I guess I'll just work around that.

So remember how I said my friend helped me out with the next plot point? Well, all the things in this chapter and the next few chapters are really just there to set up that plot point which I cannot wait for! I'm so hyped to write about it and it's literally the most perfect idea. It'll be unexpected, is all I will say...

Onwards, to chapter 8!

————————————————————
"He's a huge fan of Tony

and I honestly

can't figure out why."
————————————————————

Adelaide found Pepper in her room, standing by the overly large windows and talking on the phone. She noticed Adelaide walking in and held up a finger, silently telling her to wait. Adelaide sat down at her desk, slowly spinning back and forth in the chair. She picked up a pen from the desk, examining it. This pen looked as expensive as the desk it was on. Was there anything in this penthouse that didn't have a price consisting of at least triple digits?

"No, I can't understand, Harvey," Pepper yelled into the phone. Adelaide winced. She did not want to be Harvey at the moment, whoever he was.

"I don't care – you know what? We'll discuss this at the meeting tomorrow. Don't do anything until I'm there." She hit the end button, hanging up without even waiting to hear his response. Poor guy, Adelaide thought. Pepper turned around and sat in front of her.

"Sorry," she said, sighing, "Is this about your math test? Because I already saw the score, so don't bother lying about it." She didn't sound angry or upset, but Adelaide knew she'd find out about it sooner or later even if Adelaide had tried to change the score with her abilities. Nothing got past Pepper.

"Right," Adelaide said, "It is about that. My friend says he's going to help me this afternoon so I'm going to his house." Pepper frowned.

"He? And your letting him help? Hm, I wonder how that happened," Pepper said with a knowing smile. Adelaide rolled her eyes.

"He's not my type. Anyway, he offered to help and I already talked to Happy and he's agreed to drop me there and pick me up." Pepper opened her mouth, but Adelaide beat her to it.

"He lives in Queens with his aunt and uncle, and, no, he doesn't know anything about my powers. He's not suspicious, he's not a bad guy, and – what else do you need to know?" Adelaide had listed off all the things that would make Pepper say no and she couldn't think of a reason she wouldn't be allowed to go. Pepper smiled, leaning forward.

"Do I get to know his name?"

"Oh yeah, Peter Parker. He's a huge fan of Tony and I honestly can't figure out why." Pepper rolled her eyes.