Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Wow this chapter is super short and nothing really happens but it's still important somehow...I forgot where I was going with this. Anyway, I HAVE EXCITING NEWS! So over the past couple days, I've made a trailer for this fic and it would be SO AMAZING if you guys would check it out. I worked really hard on it and, not to brag or anything, I think it's pretty good. Well, for a two-day thing anyway.

Here's the link, please check it out! I hope you guy like it! I'll put it in the first chapter, too so anyone can see it!

watch?v=OapBMts_H6U

With that aside, about this chapter. I'm sorry it's so short I just wanted to get it up today because I start school tomorrow and I wanted you guys to have something just in case I couldn't write much over this week...The next chapter should be up soon, although I haven't even started on it yet. Whoops. I haven't fully decided yet, but the next chapter is going to be BOMB because something TOTALLY UNEXPECTED happens and I been waiting for this for so longgggggg. I'm so excited. This 'Big Thing' is really gonna be the kickstart of Dawn of Truth, but it might not happen in the next chapter, or it might. I have no idea anymore. This chapter in particular is important because it mainly sets up the stage for the next Big Thing and there's a little bit of Peter and Adie in here which I love because they're literally perfect for each other when will they realize. I can promise it's not anytime soon lol.

————————————————————-
"What do you

call a sleeping

dinosaur?"
————————————————————-

Adelaide had noticed a pattern in her life. She never went too long without a problem occurring. There was always something.

"Don't forget," Mr. Hans said, "Complete the homework packet by tomorrow or I will take ten points off. I hope that for some of you, that lesson was learned last week." He looked at Adelaide while announcing the last part and the teenager could feel her face heating up. So she had forgotten to do the Algebra homework last week. What was the big deal?

"He hates me," she told Ned who shook his head.

"You know," Michelle said without looking up from her book, "that might be the first right thing you've ever said." Adelaide rolled her eyes.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

"He's just very...specific," Ned explained, putting his books into his backpack, "He doesn't hate you." Adelaide huffed, slinging her backpack around her shoulders. She pulled her hair out from under the straps, straightening her jacket.

"Easy for you to say. He loves you," she said.

"He doesn't...love me," Ned argued as they headed towards the door, waiting for the bell to ring.

"Then tell me why he gave you credit for the bonus question even though you got it wrong," she said. The bell rang and the two teenagers merged into the crowd, walking out of the classroom.

"He gave me credit for the attempt," Ned said, hooking his thumbs under his backpack straps.

"Ned, I did three bonus questions and missed all of them," she said. He shrugged.

"Well, the answer was 3 and you got x." She glared at him.

"Whose side are you on?" she asked.

"Oh look, there's Peter!" Ned exclaimed, happy for a distraction. Adelaide rolled her eyes, following her friend through the crowd.

"Hey," Peter greeted and the three began walking to their next class together, "What's wrong?" Adelaide frowned. Was she really that easy to read?