Chapter One Hundred Thirty-One

A/N: hi, you see that gif up there?

WELL YALL ARE GETTING THAT EXACT SCENE IN THIS CHAPTER SO BUCKLE UP

no angst today, just fluff because the angst is starting in the next chapter and then things will be a lot more shakier

idk about you guys, but i am READY for some real good angst!! it's been a while since we've had some crying and pain and i would like to reintroduce that into this story

also, this is random, but i've been planning the final chapters of this story (i know, i'm like way ahead of myself) and let me tell you, i have literally NEVER been more excited to write anything before as excited as i am to write the ending of this story

oh man, none of you will ever see it coming *evil laughter*

anyway, back to the fluff :)

————————————————————
"Don't freak out, but...FRIDAY's

going to show your dreams."
————————————————————

"As someone who cares about you very much, I cannot let you wear that to the dinner," May said, wincing at what Peter had put on.

Her nephew frowned, turning around to look at his reflection in the tall mirror hanging behind her bedroom door. He tugged at the sleeves and adjusted the collar around his neck.

"What? I don't see why this is so bad," Peter mumbled. May sighed, sitting down on the edge of her bed.

"Peter, honey, it's a tux," she said.

"I wanna look nice," he shrugged, still staring at his reflection. He ran his fingers through his hair, trying to push back that one curl that always fell into his forehead. He pressed his lips into a thin line when the curl just fell back to where it was. His hair was really testing his patience right now.

"Okay, look. There's dinner nice and prom nice," May explained, "You're wearing prom nice."

Peter gave her a look through her reflection in the mirror. She just shrugged. He turned around, throwing his hands up.

"So what do I wear, then?" he asked. May paused for a moment, thinking to herself and then she grinned, jumping up onto her feet. Without explaining anything to him, she hurried out of her bedroom. Glancing at his reflection in confusion, Peter poked his head into the hallway and looked for where his aunt had disappeared to.

"Um, May?" he said unsurely.

She stepped out of his room from down the hall, now holding clothes in her hands. She handed him the clothes and patted his shoulder.

"Go put this on," she said.

Still confused, Peter took the clothes with him and disappeared into the bathroom. May sat down on the edge of her bed again, patiently waiting for her nephew to come out. When he stepped into the bedroom again, he was wearing white button down shirt tucked into the fitted dark blue jeans. Grinning, May stepped up to him. She rolled up his sleeves halfway to his elbows and fixed his hair before letting him look at his reflection in the mirror. She stood behind him, hands on his shoulders.

Peter's lips parted in surprise.

"...I look 22," he mumbled. May rolled her eyes.

"No, you look mature. See, this is so much better than those flannels or shirts with science puns that you always wear."