Chapter One Hundred Fifty

A/N: this is it guys, this is the last chapter. gosh, i feel like i'm holding my breath

there's no author's note at the end but there is a final a/n chapter directly after this so please be sure to read that! this lowkey feels like the last day of school before break lol

anyway, there's a bit of a twist in this chapter (not the obv one i know you're hoping for) and i think some of you might have already guessed it so this chapter will probably feel satisfying in a sense. it's on the short side, but there's a huge chapter will lots of deleted scenes after this so hopefully that's exciting!

as for now, enjoy the very final chapter of from the dark :,)

————————————————————

"Tomorrow I will tell you that..."

————————————————————

DECEMBER 18, 2016

It was late into the night and Peter couldn't sleep.

His head was filled with worry. It had been five days. What if Ada never woke up? What if he would have to walk out of this hospital without her? Who would he call when he had a problem? Whose blue eyes could possibly match up to the beauty of Ada's?

He began pacing the room, thinking about all the things in his life that would be different without Ada. He paced and paced until it drove him crazy.

With a frustrated grunt, he sat down in the edge of the sofa, holding his head in his hands. He tapped his foot anxiously.

Then he harshly rubbed his hands over his face and stared out the window. The view wasn't much— he could see a few tall buildings in the moonlight. He stared at them until his heartbeat finally came down.

He looked over at Ada and sighed.

His mind drifted back to the last peaceful moment they had at the Winter Dance, right before he went and screwed everything up.

Adelaide would never forget the way he was looking at her in that moment.

His eyes were filled with a heavy, lustered look. She had never been looked at that way before. It was so intense, she felt like she was closer to him than physically possible. And yet, at the same time, it was gentle, like soft waves in shallow waters.

Peter was looking at her like he was...

He leaned closer, glancing down at her lips before looking at her wide blue eyes again. Adelaide felt her breathing picking up speed. Her heart hammered loudly in her chest. It was insane how much control he had over her. Just one look and Adelaide found it impossible to remember her own name. Slowly, he leaned forward until she felt his soft lips brushing against her cheek like a beautiful sin. Her breaths turned shaky.

"Pete..." she breathed as her eyes fluttered closed. She slid her hands up from his shoulder to the back of his neck to steady herself. Her fingertips brushed his soft hair.

His lips lingered on her cheek and she swore she felt them branding her skin with their heat. She felt Peter lightly kissing her jaw. It was a lingering kiss that made electricity sparkle through her veins. He had total power over her. Just one look, and she would come completely undone at his whim.