Chapter One Hundred Thirty-Three

A/N: helloo

hope you all are having a lovely week, unlike me :)

so last chapter...yeah, that happened. i know you were hoping lukov was dead, but i promise this whole graves/lukov thing is going somewhere. maybe not somewhere you'll like but eventually we'll get to somewhere you'll love so just hang in there because things are gonna get shaky real soon

but i promise there's a light at the end of this tunnel :)

anyway, here's the chapter you've been waiting for! (pls forgive me for the cliffhanger in advance)

————————————————————

"Go to your room."

————————————————————

Adelaide was comfortably watching tv from the sofa, when suddenly, Tony angrily marched into the room and switched the channel to the news.

"A picture from Queens has gone viral. People are saying that they've seen Spider-Man hanging out with another superhero we all know. The Blue Phantom. Although, she's laid low for the most part, in this picture, we can see her and Spider-Man working a bank robbery together. How this unexpected duo happened, no one knows. Does the Blue Phantom know Spidey's real identity? Does Spider-Man know who this mysterious superhero really is? Or is this just a good ol' superhero fling?"

Adelaide winced.

This was bad. This was really, really bad.

"What the hell is this?" Tony demanded angrily as the news reporter continued.

She had no idea someone had photographed them, let alone put their picture on the news.

"It's...the news?" she tried and his expression grew angrier. She sighed. "Fine! But it was just for one night."

"Reports have shown that this was not just a one night escapade," the reporter continued, "In fact, Spider-Man and the Blue Phantom have been spotted fighting crime together multiple times. Just last week, they stopped a hostage situation in a high-sped car chase in Queens. For more updates, follow—"

"Okay blondie—" Adelaide snapped, digging the remote out of the sofa and turning the tv off. She let out a short sigh. That reporter lady really needed to learn when to shut up.

"Seriously?" Tony said, "What is this? You've been sneaking out every night? Did you even think a moment about how Pepper and I worry so much about you every day and then you just sneak out every night so carelessly!"

"Look, it's really not that big of a deal—"

"Are you kidding me right now?" he snapped, "Those men are still out there with some kind of bounty over your head and you're going to tell me it's not that big of a deal! You could have gotten severely hurt! Or worse, they could have taken you again! Do you have any idea what would happen if I couldn't save you in time?"

He was really angry, she could see it in the way he was heaving and making a fist with his hands to channel the anger somewhere. Tony had never gotten angry with her besides that one time in Siberia. But this was different. He was not only angry, but also scared. For himself more than for her. If anything were to happen to her, Tony knew firsthand that he would fall apart that very second. He'd been through it once already, he couldn't go through that again. He just couldn't.