Chapter One Hundred Forty

A/N: oh. my. gods.

i know i'm a little late to the party, but i can't believe PJO IS GETTING A WHOLE FREAKING SHOW on Disney+ and i am literally the happiest person in the world right now omg

i started rereading all of the books because i haven't read them since middle school and i watched the movies again (they still suck) and i just really really really wanna see the show because i just know it's going to be perfect this time since rick is heavily involved in the making of it

in other news, i have my last final exam tomorrow and then i am finally free. it was one hell of a semester but i am just done with this online bs. i'm fully vaccinated and ready to get back out there 😤

this chapter is pretty short, but we're just two chapters away from the winter dance and soon everything is going to blow into smithereens which is fun. well, maybe not for you, but definitely for me :)

————————————————————
"My name is Nicholas Fury

and I have a confession to make..."
————————————————————

"Hey Viv, can you grab this end?" Adelaide said, holding out the other end of the banner for her. Vivian nodded, putting down the bucket of paint and grabbing the banner.

Adelaide climbed up the ladder slowly, holding her end of the banner in her hand as Vivian did the same. The banner they were hanging read MIDTOWN WINTER DANCE and the decathlon paint committee (which consisted of just Betty and MJ) had spent the past couple days after school to paint it for the dance. And now, she and Vivian were hanging it up on the main wall of the gym so that it was the first thing that you saw when you walked in through the door.

Betty was spotting them from the ground.

"Higher!" she told them.

Adelaide moved her end of the banner up a little bit higher and Vivian did the same. Neither one of them were tall enough to do this, but all the tall people were already preoccupied decorating a different part of the gym.

"Is this good?" Vivian asked. Her voice sounded strained, as if she was stretching herself a bit too much to reach high enough.

"Actually, move it down a bit," Betty said, frowning. They followed.

"Viv, a little higher," she said, "Adelaide, a little lower. Okay now both of you move it a little lower."

Adelaide and Vivian shared a look before moving it down again. Once they got back down on the ground, Betty was getting an earful from them.

"Now?" Adelaide groaned. Her arm was getting tired.

"Mm, give me a minute," Betty said.

"Betty!" she and Vivian shouted at the same time.

"Fine! Fine! It looks perfect," she finally said and Adelaide immediately dropped her hand which now felt like it was filled with spikes and needles. Slowly, she let herself down the ladder until her feet hit the ground and she jumped off the ladder.

Betty smiled at them.

"I just want everything to be perfect?" she tried. Adelaide and Vivian shared a look and then sighed.