Chapter Ninety-Five

A/N: i don't wanna be an adult anymoreee

today i had an i-don't-even-wanna-get-out-of-bed day. being older is hard and i really just wanna be a kid again so bad. or i need someone to just come and take away all my problems :( im sick of everything turning into an issue instead of going as it's supposed to like why can't ONE thing in my life go as planned?? why does everything have to mess up :((

anywayyy, apparently my life is where i draw inspiration from for adie because nothing can go right in her life either. im surprised she didn't break earlier than she did

so three words for this chapter: angst angst ANGST

you're gonna regret reading this :)

————————————————————

"And, together, we will bring HYDRA back."

————————————————————

Peter was about to pass out from worrying.

"Pick up, pick up, please pick up," he muttered under his breath as he paced across the room with a phone against his ear. He ran his hand through his hair for the millionth time that night. "Come on, Happy. Pick up, damn it!"

"Peter—" Ned started, but Peter was hardly paying attention.

Ned glanced at Vivian sitting on the sofa beside him who just gave a worried look. Peter was a mess right now. He had been pacing the floor of Adelaide's apartment for half an hour now, trying to get in contact with Mr. Happy or Mr. Stark so he could find Adelaide with their help. Peter didn't have his suit or anything to assist him in finding Ada alone. She had left her phone here so there was no way to track her. She had told literally no one where she was going. So Peter knew he was going to need some external help with this. Regardless, there was nothing stopping Peter from spiraling.

He ended the call, trying to dial the number again.

"Happy, you have to pick up," Peter mumbled, listening intently to the phone ringing. It went to voicemail again. He ended the call, frustrated. He nearly threw his phone across the room in anger. "Why won't he pick up, Ned? I've called him a million times now! I don't even have my-my suit and-and—"

"Peter, breathe," Ned said, standing up and taking a step towards his best friend who had finally ceased his anxious pacing. He was standing in front of the tv, breathless.

"If he would just pick up, then I can ask him for help, but—"

"Peter..."

"—he's not even answering his phone and I-I can't do this without this help."

"Just listen to me—"

"I don't even know where he is right now or-or I would just go to him. B-But there's no way I can even find him or Mr. Stark. It's like they're both gone and-and I don't know how to find Ada alone."

Ned noticed that Peter was close to tears. They were right there, brimming his red eyes. He looked torn. His senses were everywhere. All he knew for sure was that Ada was somewhere out there and in pain and he didn't know where. He had literally nothing. Ned hated to see him like this. He looked like a mess.

"Peter, please calm down," Ned said gently, touching his arm. Peter jumped back.

"I can't calm down, Ned!" he shouted, "I can't! How the hell am I supposed to calm down when Ada is literally somewhere out there and she's in trouble! I can feel it! She's terrified and I can't do anything about it! I have no idea where she is. I don't know where to go! All I can do is sit here. How can I do nothing, Ned! She's out there because of—"