Chapter One Hundred Thirty

A/N: listen to me guys, we are TWO chapters away from everything blowing up into hell so please enjoy this extra fluffy chapter while you can. it's gonna hit you in the face before you even know it and you're gonna wish you couldn't read :)

BUT HEAR ME OUT

the pain will start veryyyy slowly so we still have tons and tons of fluff to come even after The Chapter™️. i just wanted to warn you guys since things have been so slow lately, i don't need any of y'all having a heart attack or anything

anyway, no need to worry right now, this chapter is all fluff 🥰

also, it would make the chapter a lot better if you could listen to that song up there while reading the first scene :)

————————————————————
"Don't thank me.

You're my responsibility."
————————————————————

"Quit stepping on my feet!" Happy said. Adelaide tossed her hands up in exasperation.

"I am trying!" she exclaimed.

There were still almost three weeks before the Winter Dance, but Adelaide knew that that wouldn't be nearly enough time to learn how to dance. She was a terrible dancer and there was no denying it. So Happy had volunteered to transform the living room of the penthouse into a high school dance floor to help her practice before the dance.

However, he had severely underestimated how terrible of a dancer she was and his poor toes were paying the price.

"Don't try to tell me that last time was an accident," Happy said. Adelaide crossed her arms across her chest, frowning.

"Fine. That last time was on purpose, but only because you keep yelling at me so much!" she said.

"I don't yell at you!" he argued.

"You're yelling right now!"

"I'm not yelling!" he shouted and all that chaos caused the billionaire to walk out of his lab just to see where all that noise was coming from.

"If one of you broke something, I've got a secret box we can throw it in. Pepper will never know," the billionaire said and Adelaide gave him a look. He put his hands up defensively. "You didn't hear it from me."

"I'm trying to teach her how to dance, but she's hopeless," Happy sighed. Adelaide rolled her eyes.

"It doesn't help anyone if you keep yelling at them," she grumbled.

"I never ye—"

"Alright, alright, I'll handle this," Tony said, walking over to the phone that was playing the music, "I'll warn you, Adie, you've got the best dancer in the world here."

"We'll see about that," she mumbled as the new song started playing.

The billionaire walked over to her and helped her get into position as the song slowly began to pick up speed. She rested her hand on his shoulder and he grabbed her other hand, holding it up. He had a gentle expression on his face as he caught sight of her nervous gaze.

"Just relax," he said calmly, "Put your feet on top of mine and follow my lead."

The teenager did as she was told and carefully put her bare feet on top of the billionaire's. She continued to stare at their feet moving as he began leading them around the dance floor that was their living room. Her eyes danced around methodically, trying to find a pattern in the movement that she could eventually learn to follow on her own.