Chapter One Hundred One

A/N: hiiii!!

so this will be the LAST chapter of this story and this chapter will just wrap things up before the epilogue— JUST KIDDING AHAHA we're seriously just like halfway through it lmaoo

so ive actually been writing and editing this specific chapter for literally 6 months now because i wanted to get it just right and absjxjs it's so much better than the original first draft and im super happy with the way that it turned out :,) it took forever to get it angsty enough but im happy to say this chapter is peak angst. everything that's been happening for the past like 30 chapters has been all leading to this one specific chapter along with the next few that follow, but mostly this one.

also!! i added a song up there called "i don't wanna watch the world end with someone else" by clinton kane and even though it's about romantic love, it fits tony and adie really well so just give it a listen as/before/after you read this chapter!! :)

i think i actually broke y'all in the last chapter haha. i even had one person tell me to go f*** myself (yikes) but dont worry it wasn't someone from wattpad haha.

anyway, yeah, the last chapter was a little bit too much, ill admit it. but this chapter is going to be a HUGE emotional rollercoaster. if you thought the last chapter was bad, you have another thing coming. be prepared and you have been warned.

last thing! if you want, go back to the previous chapter and rewatch the edits to get you back in your feelies!!

————————————————————
"I'm sorry, but there's nothing

else we can do."
————————————————————

"Adie, honey, wake up," the billionaire whispered, gently wiping the tears from the teenager's face with his thumb. Her eyes flickered and she stirred on the couch, pulling away.

"Adie," he said again as she opened her eyes in confusion.

"Tony?" she mumbled sleepily, barely making out the figure of the billionaire crouched down in front of her.

"Yeah," he said softly, studying her face, "It's me. I'm here."

Rubbing her eyes, she sat up on the couch, letting the blanket fall from her shoulders.

"God, what time is it?" she mumbled, fighting back a yawn.

"I saw you crying in your sleep," Tony said in a serious tone, pushing himself up off the floor to sit on the coffee table behind him.

"I'm fine," she mumbled, sighing and rubbing her face, "Sorry I woke you up."

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"I saw you crying in your sleep," he repeated and she sighed again, licking the tears off of her lips as she stared at the coffee table he was sitting on.

"I said I'm fine," she grumbled, feeling exhaustion taking over. She ran her hands through her hair, suddenly feeling hot and stuffy. Tony pulled his lips in and then let out a breath. He pushed himself off the coffee table and sat beside her on the couch.