Chapter Eighty-One

A/N: i. hate. this. virus.

let me list everything that got cancelled for me:
- watching onward in theaters
- my play
- my exams (only good thing that was cancelled)
- my state competition
- potentially my prom
- potentially my graduations !!
- my trip to atlanta

it's safe to say im pretty upset and i know im not the only one. not to mention this weather!! i deadass haven't seen the sun in a week. 7 am looks the same as 7 pm. every. day.

*sigh* anyone else need to rant? please, rant the hell out. i would love to hear someone else's problems for a change

anyway, i still have all my classes online so my workload isn't much different, but i am going to try to publish longer chapters since im home all day and have nothing fun to do so

this chapter is kinda fun so enjoy!

————————————————————

"Um, I'm...going to...uh, watch porn."

————————————————————

"Tony, please," she whispered, touching his shoulder. His jaw tightened.

"Say something," she begged quietly.

"Do you even remember them?" he asked. Adelaide's breath hitched. She looked up at him, the tears cascading down her face. He didn't know who she really was. The monster inside of her ran deeper than even she knew.

"I remember all of them," she whispered.

The look he gave her in that moment would be one she would never forget. Adelaide really thought he would have been in less pain if someone had stabbed him right then and there.

He pulled away from her hand.

No.

Panic flared in her chest and her face paled. He wasn't leaving – he couldn't be leaving. Not without her. She knew damn well that he couldn't live without her as much as she couldn't without him. The only question was: was he angry enough that he could?

"I can't – I can't – without you – I don't know how," she stuttered as he began walking away from her.

Her lungs were failing her. She scrambled for words, something that would change his mind.

"Tony, please don't do this!" she shouted after him, "Tony, wait!"

She ran up to him, stopping to stand in front of him. He stopped walking, looking down at her. Without another second of hesitation, she threw her arms around him, shaking with sobs into his suit.

"Please don't leave me," she begged, pulling away to look at him, "I'll do anything – anything! Just-Just tell me what I need to do and I'll-I'll do it. B-But I can't – I just can't without you. Please, please, please. I love you a-and I know you love me too. Don't do this, I'll do anything!"

"Please," he said quietly, his voice cracking.

To her absolute horror, Tony pushed past her and kept putting a wretched distance between them with every angry step.

"Tony!" she screamed as his painfully familiar red and gold suit disappeared into the snowstorm, "Tony!"

"Adelaide?" someone said, tapping her shoulder.