Worst Situation Ever

Juliet's POV

I was looking at the crystal clear water of the lake where the beautiful reflection of moon was visible clearly. October breeze was blowing around time to time giving a chilling sensation. I rubbed my palms together and pressed them on my cheeks. It was hard to stand there at 2 AM but Ardeyn was standing there for last 3 hours without saying anything. I couldn't leave him alone in this situation. I know he was still caught up with the incident earlier. I know it will take awhile for him to recover from that sudden shock. I don't know what I should to do make him feel better but I think my presence can make him feel better.

" Ardeyn, it's already 2 in the morning. Don't you have to go to college tomorrow?" I asked him after awhile. He turned to see me for once then looked back at the still water of the lake. I sighed as there was no reaction from him neither he answered me.

" Look, Ardeyn, I know it's a crucial situation but we can handle this together." I said to him but he still didn't say anything.

" I know my father reacted awkwardly in situation." I said.

" You have heard what your father has said, Juliet. Haven't you?" He asked me and I sighed deeply.

" I have. I know he shouldn't drag Aunt Lia and uncle Fabian in this matter. But you know that when he is angry he literally loses his sanity. Please, don't take it seriously." I said to him but he shook his head.

" I think we should take him seriously, Juliet." He said and I looked at her weirdly. 

" Are you serious, Ardeyn? How can you talk like that? Are you in your sense?" I asked him.

" I am in my right sense, Juliet. I want to prove your father that there is no more eligible for you than me." He said and I sighed deeply.

" He said before that you should stay away from me. What is your opinion on that? You want to stay away from me?" I asked him. His eyes was stuck on the water. " I can't stay without seeing you. I don't know how long will it take to convince them on their point Ardeyn. Who knows may be it takes years. How will I stay that long without contacting you? Can you explain that?" I asked him and he sighed deeply.

" I want to prove him and that's not only for us but also for our families. Don't you want our family rivalry to be solved? For how long will we carry these unnecessary burden?We want a beautiful life without any disturbance. I want our next generation have a family environment for themselves.Won't you help me in that?" He asked me.

" Don't ask me to stay away from you, Ardeyn. It's not possible. Other than that I can do anything you want me to do." I said and he sighed deeply.

" But I want you to prove your father that we deserve each other. If we don't accept his conditions then he will have a chance to drag it far. I don't want that at all. I don't want him to have anything to go against me." He said to me and I sighed deeply.

" Don't ask me to do that, Ardeyn. Cause, I don't want to do that. You can throw me away from your life." I said coldly. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

" You are a kid. Why are we doing this? We are doing this to be with each other." He said but I didn't say anything. I just kept holding him tightly. He didn't say anything for awhile.

" I don't agree with you at all. I am not going to leave you ever and I can't accept this condition of my father. He hates your guts. That's it. He just can't tolerate that I am with a Northscott. This family rivalry is all. Why are we involving ourselves in this matter?" I asked him.

" We are trying to end this forever. Don't you want this? We want to breath freely. The matter that you have to leave your family for me is never going to let me live in peace. I want to live a peaceful life. I don't want to be the reason that makes you leave your family. If you have to leave your family for me then it wi not let me have a peace of mind ever. I don't want that. I want me to have a peaceful life with you without any interference of your family. I can't trust them with us. They can go any further to have what they actually want to have." He said.

" So,what do you want me to do? Come to the point." I said to him. He sighed deeply.

" We are doing all these just for us." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him. He chuckled. "We will convince your family. But we have to accept his conditions for now. He has challenged me that Drew is a better option for you than me but I will prove him that there is no option for you, there is only one choice for you and that's me." He said.

" You are not going to tell me to stay away from you. If you do I will kill you, Ardeyn." I said and he hugged me before kissing on my forehead softly.

" I am doing everything for our families. Try to understand. If this can erase the enmity forever then why not?!" He asked me.

" I don't know. I am not going to leave you ever. You can't force me to do so." I said to him.

" These all are for you only. You know that, right?" He asked me and I rolled my eyes.

" I can't do that. It will be so hard for me." I said.

" But not impossible." He said.

" I can't do that." I said.

" We have to." He said looking at the reflection of the moon on the water.

" You can't do this to me, Ardeyn. I will not be able to do this." I said.

" You will. Concentrate on your career. I will concentrate on mine." He said.

" Can we meet secretly?" I asked him.

" You have to sacrifice something to have something." He said.

" I can't sacrifice my happiness." I said to him.

" You will learn to do so." He said.

" I don't want to." I said.

" Do it for me. Your father has hurt my self-esteem. I have to show him that I can do it without my family name. I am just afraid if he would keep his promise. Kentworths are not good to keep promises." He said.

I kept looking at him breathlessly. I knew it very well that I wasn't able to do that. It is impossible for me. I was ready to beg my father but it will hurt Ardeyn's self-esteem more and he will never ever see my face once again if I do that. I was stuck in the worst situation ever.