On Purpose

Juliet's POV

" What?! Like really?" Ari asked me as soon as I told her about the incident earlier about Melanie.

" I was shocked. I think she has seen someone of her family." I said to her.

" Can we find the person out who she had seen there in the hospital?" Ari asked me.

" Even if we find that person out then what will happen anyways? I don't think her family wants take her back. If they wanted to take her back then they would at least have contact with the mental asylum. But they left her there and never came to ask for her. What does that mean, Ari? They don't want to take her back." I said and she sighed deeply.

" I can't understand why would they do such a thing?" She asked me.

" There can be many reasons. But I have no idea actually why they have done that." I said to her. She sighed.

" Still if they don't want to take her back then it's ok. But I just want to know if Melanie has a family of her own or not. She can stay with us. It's not a big deal. But I just want to know if there is anyone whom she can call her own. Everyone wants to find out their roots. Melanie must want that too." She said to me.

" Melanie is mentally unstable. She won't be thinking about those things normally but I think she wants to find out that person whom she has seen in the hospital this afternoon." I said to her. She nodded.

" What can be the reason that her family disowned her like that?" She asked me. I shook my head.

" No idea." I said to her.

" Melanie must know that person. If we can anyhow get the access of that hospital CCTV footages then we can identify the person whom Melanie saw there and started to act like that." She said.

" Ardeyn said that he is trying to get the access." I said to her.

" Then they will have it soon. But I am thinking about Melanie's health condition. See, she is given the sleeping pills forcefully and now is sleeping peacefully." She said and I sighed deeply.

How can someone be that cruel to do something like this?!! She needed her support and help from her near and dear ones when they just left her alone. I feel so sorry for Melanie.

" Who knows may be Melanie is not her real name!!! May be that asylum authority gave her that name!!! Who knows may her family members have done that internationally??" She said and I nodded.

" May be. Not impossible." I said to her.

At the same time, I found Asher and Ardeyn coming into the living room.

" How is Melanie doing?" Asher asked.

" She is doing well." Ari said and I nodded.

" Sleeping peacefully now. She was acting crazy before sleeping." I said.

" We went to the hospital and checked the CCTV footage." Ardeyn said. I turned to see him and he nodded.

" Could you get the access?" I asked him.

" We have checked the footages, Juliet." Asher said.

" That's great. Have you seen that person whom Melanie has seen in the hospital?" I asked him.

" It was just a little baby." He said and we looked at her weirdly.

" What??!" Ari asked her.

" Yes. She saw a little baby with his parents and started to act weird." He said and I chuckled.

" A baby?" I asked him and he nodded.

" Who is that baby? Is that baby related to Melanie?" Ari asked before I could say anything.

" No. We checked it already. That baby is not related to Melanie. She was just acting crazy seeing the baby." Ardeyn said.

" Why would she act crazy seeing a baby?" I asked him.

" May be she had a baby and that's why she remembered her baby seeing that baby. Just thinking. Can be or may be there is something else." Asher said.

" I think she had a baby and she lost her." Ari said.

" If she had a baby and she lost her then her baby must be of our age. Cause she has been in the mental asylum for last 18 years. So, she can't have a baby of 1 or 2 years old. If she has a baby then he or she must be 18 years old or older than that." Asher said and I nodded.

" May be it's her baby or someone from her family members." I said to him.

" Can be. We are not sure about that. Only Melanie herself can make things clear but the point is she doesn't remember anything about her past. Intact, she doesn't remember that she was in mental asylum. When I talked to her she kept saying that she doesn't remember that she was in mental asylum. She just remembered that she had met an accident and we found her. I think she had gotten a short time memory loss after that accident." Ari said and I sighed.

" She doesn't remember anything about the mental asylum?" Asher asked her.

" No." Ari shook her head.

" Why didn't you tell that before? You should tell that to the doctor." Asher said to her.

" I explained everything to Dad already. He took her to the doctor today. He said that he will talk to the doctor about everything." Ari said.

" So, has he talked to the doctor about everything?" I asked her.

" I don't know. I forgot to ask him after seeing Melanie's condition." Ari said and I sighed deeply.

" That means there is something wrong with Melanie. She has forgotten about her past. She is thinking that she has met an accident and then we found her. She doesn't remember anything about her life before that accident." I said.

" Asher, I was thinking about something else." Ardeyn said and we all turned to see him.

" What is that, Ardeyn?" Ari asked him.

" How come Melanie escape the asylum? The asylum she was staying is very strict about the security. We have all the informations about them. How come Melanie escaped the security guards and reach in the busy city then trapped into the traffic?" Ardeyn asked and I tried to think about it. What does that mean?!

" Are you trying to say that it was planned?" Asher asked him.

" May be. I am just talking about the possibilities." Ardeyn said and Asher nodded.

Who will do that on purpose?!