Koala Bear

Ardeyn's POV

" You are home?" I heard my father saying.

" Oh!!! Hey, Dad!!!" I said and sat across him. " I am really shocked that you are home today." I said and he chuckled.

" Same here, my son." He rolled his eyes. "Where is Asher?" He asked.

" He is in the parking lot parking the car." I said.

" I guessed it right." He chuckled.

" So, where is Mom? Is she busy today?" I asked.

" She is in the kitchen. It's a fest today." He said and I rolled my eyes.

" Why are you both at home today?" I asked him.

" What kind of question is that, Ardeyn? Aren't you happy to have both of your parents at home today?" I heard my mom shouting from the kitchen.

" I love you, Mom." I shouted back.

" That didn't melt me. You are grounded for a week." She said.

" What? You are buying me a new sports car? Thanks, Mom. I love you tons." I said and Dad shook his head.

" Go,get freshen up before your mom comes out of the kitchen." He said and I rolled my eyes.

I walked upstairs when I found Asher walking inside. He sat there and started to talk with Dad. I walked into my room and took shower. I walked out of the washroom and found Asher sitting on the couch working on his laptop.

" Juliet called you and said it's very urgent. Call her back." He said and I nodded.

I took my phone and called her back. She picked the phone up at once. I suppose she was waiting for my call. I chuckled. She keeps acting like a wild cat but I know she has a little girl inside which comes out whenever she is with me.

" What happened, Kenworth?" I asked her.

" Can you come to my apartment tonight?" She asked me.

" You said it's very urgent." I said.

" I am having dinner all alone. I hate being alone." She said and I chuckled.

" My parents are at home tonight. I will be late. You can have some snacks until I come." I said to her. " And you don't need to cook I will pick up our dinner while coming "

" Alright. Pick me up from Kenworths place. I came to meet my mom." She said.

" Wait for me at our as usual place. I will text you when I reach there." I said.

" Alright then, see you." She said before hanging up.

I sat across Asher who was typing something on his laptop with much concentration. I didn't bother him. I didn't bother him and leaned back to the couch closing my eyes. It was a hell frustrating day for me. I kept thinking how to reach the current shareholders of Emerson's hotel chain since last week and fortunately I found out a way last night. As reviving Emerson's business is not my own idea I used my mom's influence a bit. One of the shareholders is her friend. So, I contact her first to fix a meeting. Let's gather some information at first. Then I will decide what to do with the traitors.

" You should reach Mr. White cause the one deals with the business issues is him. He just put it on his wife's name. She has no connection with business." I heard Asher saying and I looked at him. " Ron told me you reached Mrs. White this morning."

" I couldn't find out a possible way to reach them." I said to him.

" You don't need to do it yourself. Ask a favor from uncle Fabian. He is more than happy to help you." He said and I rolled my eyes.