Awkward

Juliet's POV

" What's wrong with you?" Heidi asked me.

" What's wrong?" I asked her back.

" Why are you sitting here with a sour face?" She asked me.

" Nothing. I am fine, Dude." I said to her.

" Where did you disappeared this morning suddenly?" Whitney asked me out of nowhere.

" I... I had some works to do." I said to her.

" With Ardeyn?" Jordana winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

" You guys know everything. There is no point of asking things like these." I said and she chuckled.

" Very well." She said to me. " Where have you guys gone earlier?" She wriggled her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

" Went to Northscott's corp." I said to her.

" They allowed you to go in?" She asked me and I rolled my eyes.

" I was with Ardeyn." I said to her.

" Oh, that's great. You met your father in law?" Jordana asked me and I rolled my eyes.

" Shut up!!! Stop making castle in the air." I said to her.

" Why is that?! Isn't it obvious?" Whitney asked me.

" Girls, there are obstacles. We have to move a mountain to be together." I said to her.

" That doesn't matter, girl." Whitney said. "If you want to do it then those obstacles are nothing. Literally nothing." She said and I sighed deeply.

" My family doesn't know that yet. I know they will react like hell." I said to her.

" Your family is not going to marry him, you are. You have to make your mind about it. What do you want to do?" She asked me.

I sighed and looked out of the window to see Ardeyn and Asher helping Bob to make a bonfire in the backyard garden. Others are busy with the preparation for the BBQ. Ari was talking to Lenna on the corner of the hallway. My eyes were stuck on the fire.

" What are you doing here, girls? The celebration is outside." Hugo the spanish boyfriend of Lenna asked us cheerfully.

" We will be there." I said to him.

" You better, otherwise you will be missing all the fun." He said and walked out of there calling Bob's name loudly.

" Why is this guy always high?" Jordana asked and I chuckled.

" Let's go outside. We should help them as well. Where is Gabi?" I asked her.

" Gabi, is coming with Cassius. She will be late." Jordana said and I nodded.

" Isn't Mrs. Cassidy trusting him more than he deserves?" Heidi asked and I rolled my eyes chuckling.

" Wasn't he your crush?" Whitney asked her.

" He is my ex crush. I am no longer interested in him. I am dating Robin these days." She said and I chuckled.

" Well, I actually counted until 35 then I left counting your dates number." Jordana said and I laughed.

" We want to see the guy who can finally cage the great Heidi Brentwood one day." I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

" I am not going to get caged ever. I want to live my life like I want to. As a free bird flying around. Getting married means losing all the freedom and sacrificing your dreams." She said and I shook my head.

" Boys!!! I am coming to help you." Heidi said to Asher and Ardeyn.

" Who gave this girl these weird ideas?" I said.

" One day she will change her decision. No worries. That day is not far away." Whitney said. I chuckled seeing Heidi helping the boys happily.

" What is going on, girl?" Ari asked me and I sighed.

" Nothing is going on. Just the bonfire and stuffs." I said to her. She nodded standing beside me.

" Where is Gabi? She isn't here yet? What is she doing with Cassius till now?" Ari asked checking the time on her wrist watch.

" She was saying that Cassius's nephew Caleb wanted to come with her. She went to pick him up. I think they are on the way." Whitney said and she nodded.

" I have no idea where this is going." I said to her. She nodded worriedly.

" Whitney!!!" We heard Archer who was playing with the Siberian husky of Bob the neighbor of Lenna's mother.

The husky is named Trophy. There is an interesting story about Trophy. Bob's brother Marlo found the dog on the backyard of their house one night. He was severally injured but his gestures were showing that he needs help. Trophy was originally of a woman named Malia whose house was attacked by a group of robbers. They killed Malia that night but Trophy tried to seek attention from people to help her. Before Bob and Marlo could reach there they had killed Malia. But Trophy was seriously injured after healing Bob adopted Trophy and brought him home. Since then he is staying with Bob and Marlo.

Currently, Archer was climbing on the back of Trophy. He was carrying Archer around. I chuckled seeing Archer so happy with Trophy.

" Wow!!! Archer is very happy with Trophy. I was thinking about buying him a puppy on his next birthday." Heidi said. " How would that be?" Heidi asked.

" Very bad idea. He is still very young to take the responsibilities of a puppy. His nanny takes care of him and if there is a puppy too to take care then I have to appoint someone to take care of the puppy but my stepmom won't allow that. You guys know that very well. She doesn't like keeping any pets." Whitney said and I sighed deeply.

We enjoyed the birthday party later that night and it was almost the midnight. We were enjoying the chilly weather of October midnight. The winter is knocking on the door. Soon the temperature will fall and the nature is changing visually. I was looking at the fire when I felt someone sitting next to me and I could say it was Ardeyn without turning to see him.

" Are you ok?" He asked me. I chuckled.

" I was thinking about your words all the day." I said to him.

" Which words?" He asked me.

" The one you said when we reached here." I said to him.

" What's wrong with that?" He asked me.

" What do you mean by I have to pay a big price for being to attached with you?" I asked him. He chuckled.

" I was just talking about you being an unsocial person by that. You should spend time with your friends and others as well. That's it." He said to me. I nodded mindlessly then I felt his lips capturing mine and I sighed inwardly. I don't know why I have a bad feeling about his words. It's awkward.