Particular Option

Ardeyn's POV

" You are doing great, Cassius. I thought you will need us to lend you a hand." I said and he chuckled.

" You are forgetting that my family owned a hotel chain back there in Amsterdam. I have been watching a successful family business running by my family ever since I was born. I was being trained to be the heir. That business might not be as big as Cassidy industries but it taught me a lot." He said and I nodded.

" You are really doing great. Mrs. Cassidy will be very proud of you." I said and he chuckled.

" May be. She doesn't show her emotions. She is a Iron lady." He said.

" Yes, no doubt." Asher said who was silently listening to our conversation as usual looking out of the window. His words made both Cassius and me turned to see him. " Let's talk about your family business a bit. How did it fall into abyss?" He asked and Cassius was a bit confused but he covered it with a smile.

" Well, as I have said before it went bankrupt. The associates betrayed us and the shareholders sold their shares. We couldn't arrange that huge money even selling everything we had so we needed to hand over the rest of the shares we owned." He said and I sighed deeply.

" Don't you ever feel to have revenge on them and destroy them like they did to your family?" Asher said and his words surprised us like hell.

Asher is always a calm and collected person. He will never ever lose his temper like I do. He will never share his emotions anyone but me that too when I insist him to do so. When these words came from him it really shocked me.

" What use of taking revenge now? I have already lost my family." He said.

" You have Caleb and Gabi. You need to make them proud of yourself. They are your family now. You haven't lost everything yet. Cherish what you have." Asher said and Cassius looked at him sharply.

" Are you trying to help me to get my revenge or you are doing it for Gabrielle?" He asked Asher.

" Gabi is like my sister to me. So, I will want her have a partner who is very much capable to keep her happy rest of the life because she has already lost a lot." Asher said.

" I know." Cassius answered sighing deeply. Gabi and Cassius have same fate. Both lost their family in terrible car crash.

" I want you to take back what was rightfully yours and only that will give you back the confidence you need to hold Gabi's hand without any hesitation." Asher said and Cassius looked at him weirdly. Asher chuckled. " I saw how much courage it take you to ask Gabi to have a date with you. You need to be confident with your fiancée that if you ask her for a date she will definitely be more than happy to go with you." Asher said and he sighed deeply.

" Mr. Osbourne was forcing me to show off these type of scene so that he can convince the members of board to acknowledge me as a suitable candidate to be the next CEO of Cassidy industries." Cassius said and I sighed.

" What do you owe him?" I asked.

" Basically, we have made a contract. He wants me to have control over Cassidy so that they can take over the money and properties." He said honestly.

" So, you decided to play along?" I asked him.

" Well, as I have told you before I just needed money to give Caleb a comfortable life. So, I agreed with him. But after meeting Cassidys I decided to destroy Osbourne instead." He said.

" Don't say you believe in love in first sight." I said smirking at Asher. He rolled his eyes. Cassius chuckled seeing his reaction.

" Well, there are rare case of love in first sight but I am still not sure if I love her already. I may be on my way to fall for Gabrielle. But I am sure that the  one I was looking for is her." He said.