Research

"I told you that I want nothing to do with this plan," Kiba groaned as he and Naruto were walking through campus on a wild goose chase for the man Naruto had seen staring at Sasuke. "Can't you just leave me out of this?" he sighed, though he continued to follow Naruto.

Naruto shook his head, "Nope, I need someone with me in case I see Sasuke and he asks what I'm doing."

"Why would he ask what you're doing? I think he's made it pretty clear he really doesn't care what you do with your free time," Kiba argued. "He's not as obsessed with you as you are with him."

"I'm not obsessed, I'm curious," Naruto countered as he looked around. They were in the area where he had last seen the man, but he was nowhere in sight. "Just in case I need an alibi I need you here."

"You sound like you're committing a crime," Kiba rolled his eyes as he watched Naruto basically search for a needle in a haystack.

Naruto looked at Kiba, "We both know Sasuke would probably consider this a crime if he found out what I was doing." Kiba could only nod, knowing it was true that he'd think Naruto's nosiness as another form of invasion of his privacy.

Before Kiba could respond he saw Hinata walking with Sakura out of the corner of his eye. He grinned, no longer paying attention to anything Naruto said as he walked in their direction. Kiba could hear Naruto call after him but he ignored his friend in favor of talking to Hinata. "Hey Hinata," he smiled as he walked up to the girls, completely ignoring Sakura's presence.

"Hello Kiba," Hinata smiled. "What are you guys doing?" she asked as Naruto caught up with Kiba. The blonde was glaring at Kiba for interrupting his plans to flirt with a girl.

"The moron is doing research on Sasuke," Kiba laughed. Naruto elbowed him in the side, which just made him laugh more. "Was that supposed to be a secret?"

"Shut up," Naruto looked at Sakura for her reaction.

"What do you mean research?" Sakura asked. She wondered why her friend wouldn't come to her if he wanted to know something about Sasuke. It wasn't a secret that she was practically an expert when it came to Sasuke. Her obsession with him was one of the only things that bothered Naruto about her.

"She might know something you should ask her," Kiba pointed out.

Naruto debated if he wanted to pull Sakura into whatever he was trying to discover. Part of him thought it wasn't a good idea because she might say something to Sasuke to try to get on his good side but he went against his better judgment, "Okay so we're trying to figure out who this guy is that was staring at Sasuke the other day. He's old, has long black hair, I think brownish eyes it was hard to tell from a distance." Naruto knew it was a fairly generic description but it was the best he could do since Sasuke had seemed to be in a hurry to get away from the older man.

"Sounds like our business professor's guest speaker," Hinata spoke up timidly. "His name is Orochimaru, President of Sound Incorporated."

"Orochimaru?" Naruto let it sink in. The name sounded oddly familiar but he wasn't sure why or where he would have heard it. He wasn't in the business school so it was unlikely any of his professors would have mentioned the man.

"Yeah, he's kind of creepy but he knows a lot about the business world," Hinata nervously played with her fingers. "I've always found it odd the way he looks at Sasuke during class but I've never seen them actually talk to each other so I just wrote him off as some creepy old guy."

"See even Hinata thinks he's creepy!" Naruto exclaimed. "Hinata's always right," he added as if her agreement made it true, making Hinata blush.

"You don't even like girls, would you stop flirting with one," Kiba mumbled, annoyed that his best friend was just encouraging Hinata's well-known crush.