Friends

Sasuke was lying on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. He couldn't believe that the one person he didn't want as his roommate was whom he got as a roommate. Actually, he could, because that was just his luck. He went from living with an abusive asshole to an idiot, but at least he was moving up. He could handle annoying. Sasuke had shoved his journal in the space between his bed and the wall, hoping the blonde wouldn't find it after he covered it with the blanket. Naruto was the last person he wanted knowing all his personal thoughts. He didn't want the idiot reading it and taking pity on him, he didn't need his pity. He had a feeling that, if given the opportunity, Naruto would read his journal without second thought.

Sasuke's phone went off, signaling a text message. He saw it was from his friend Suigetsu, 'What room are you in?' He quickly replied with his room number and which hall, knowing that the light haired teen would be there soon if he were asking. He was sure that Suigetsu would have a field day when he found out who his roommate was and would probably remind him that he warned him not to leave it up to fate. Fate always seemed to bite him in the ass.

Suigetsu was his only friend that knew what Orochimaru did to him, but he had begrudgingly promised not to say a word to anyone else. He was also the only friend who knew the whole story about his parents. While he hung out with two other people, Karin and Juugo, he didn't tell them everything. In reality he hadn't even wanted to tell Suigetsu everything. Suigetsu just happened to come over when Orochimaru was beating him. Sasuke tried to cover it up, but he saw right through it and made him explain everything.

A few moments later, there was a knock on the door. Sasuke sighed as he got up and opened the door. He was met with Suigetsu standing in front of him with a smile on his face as Sasuke moved aside so he could come in. Suigetsu looked at the bed across from Sasuke's, saw it was already messy, and decorated in orange, "Who's your roommate?" The light haired teen had a feeling he knew, but he hoped for Sasuke's sanity he was wrong.

Sasuke glared at him as he closed the door and sat on his bed, "Who else likes orange that much?"

"Naruto's your roommate," he laughed, though Sasuke didn't see the humor in it. Suigetsu sat next to him as he looked around the dorm room, which left very little room for privacy. All the dorm rooms were the same size and looked as if they were trying to compact every student into a small space. However, it was a small college so he couldn't blame them. Every student staying in the dorms had to have a meal plan, which in the school's mind made it so that there didn't have to be a kitchen in the dorms. There was only a small seating area, a place to sleep and the bathroom, which connected the two rooms. It reminded Sasuke a little bit of a hotel room, just with a bathroom that was connected to another room. The room had a desk in it and a place for students to put their clothes, though there wasn't much room for anything that wasn't necessary.

"Please don't remind me," Sasuke shook his head, his glare making it clear that he should not say 'I told you so.' Suigetsu just laughed as his friend's misery. He knew how much Sasuke hated Naruto and vice versa. Everyone who went to their high school knew about their "rivalry" though no one knew who had started it or why. Sasuke said it was the blonde and Naruto claimed it was all Sasuke's fault.

"Why do you hate him so much?" Suigetsu asked. He never could understand Sasuke and Naruto's relationship, the two never communicated and yet they hated each other. All they ever did was fight when they were around each other, he wondered if they every even tried being civil.

"Because, he hates me, the dobe started it," Sasuke crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. They have had the same conversation on numerous occasions, yet Suigetsu still didn't understand why either of them hated the other.

"You do realize you sound just like him right now," he pointed out. Sasuke glared at him rather than answering and Suigetsu knew he wasn't going to make any progress. "Fine have it your way," he sighed. He knew there was no winning with Sasuke when it came to Naruto.