Fearless

Naruto and Sasuke were lying down to go to sleep. The nightlight was shining brightly in the room and Sasuke was tossing and turning in his own bed. His thoughts were filled with his short interaction with Orochimaru. He glared at the nightlight, feeling like it was a symbol of all the fear and pain Orochimaru had put him through over the years. The raven got up and turned on the light.

"Babe, what are you doing?" Naruto asked sleepily as he rolled over in his bed, unaware of the thoughts running through his boyfriend's mind. He blinked as he watched Sasuke through half lidded eyes, trying to figure out what the other was doing. He glanced at the clock to see it was midnight and groaned at the fact that he had been woken up from the very nice dream he was having, which was oddly a less sexual and more domestic dream about him and Sasuke.

"I'm trying something just go with it," Sasuke said, causing Naruto to give a tired sigh. The raven walked over to the nightlight and unplugged it. He hesitated for a moment as he looked at the nightlight in his hand. On one hand it felt like the one thing keeping him safe, but on the other it felt like it was holding him back from moving forward by making him always look back.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Naruto asked cautiously as he looked at his boyfriend. He was surprised by his actions, knowing that the nightlight was for comfort.

"I don't know, we'll see how it works out," Sasuke said as he placed the nightlight on the side table. He took a deep breath before turning off the light and crawling into bed with the blonde instead of his own. He let out a shaky breath as he wrapped his arms around the blonde, holding on tightly as if he were a lifeline. He knew he needed to relax if they were going to sleep but he needed a moment to ground himself and remind himself that Orochimaru couldn't hurt him.

The bed wasn't made for two people, let alone two grown men, but they made it work. Naruto didn't complain about how tightly Sasuke was gripping him, knowing that it was what he needed. If Sasuke felt like he needed to try to sleep without the nightlight then he was going to do everything he could to make sure he was comfortable, even if it meant he'd be physically uncomfortable for a little while. "What brought this on?" Naruto asked as he ran his hand through Sasuke's hair, knowing that it helped calm him down.

Sasuke took calming breaths as he laid his head on Naruto's chest, slowly loosening his grip on the blonde. "For the first time I didn't completely freeze when I saw Orochimaru," Sasuke said quietly. "So maybe I can sleep with the lights off."

"Well you're not freaking out right now," the blonde pointed out, happy that Sasuke seemed to be able to relax in his arms. "But do we have to sleep?" Naruto grinned as he tilted Sasuke's head and started to kiss him. It was a little bit of an awkward position, but Naruto didn't really care.

"I thought you were tired," Sasuke smirked when he pulled away from the kiss and lifted himself off the blonde's chest so he was able to better look at Naruto, even if all he had was the little bit of moonlight shining through the window to use to see his face. He loved the way that Naruto seemed to make him feel safe. He knew that Orochimaru would always be stuck in the back of his mind, but Naruto made him feel like he could live without fear when he held him close.

"I was, but then you crawled into my bed," Naruto laughed suggestively. "Plus, haven't I been a good boy?" he asked seductively. His eyes were once again adjusted to the dark and he could see Sasuke shaking his head. "Fine, I'll behave," Naruto said as he pulled the other boy closer to him. "It was worth a shot." Sasuke turned so that his back was to Naruto and the blonde turned with him and wrapped his arms around him so they were spooning. "See you crawl into my bed and now you have your ass up against me, it's really not fair," he joked.

"You'll survive," Sasuke chuckled, knowing that Naruto was just teasing him. "I love you," the raven said as Naruto held him closer so that he was pressed against his chest.