Brothers

Kurama arrived at eleven in the morning, just after Naruto's class was done. "So where's your roommate?" his brother asked, hoping to get some kind of reaction out of his brother. He could tell it would be an interesting interaction just from the way Naruto had talked about his roommate.

"I wanted the two of us to just hang out this morning. He and his brother are going to meet up with us later," he said. Kurama just nodded. "Why do you ask?" he wondered.

"I don't know, you just sounded a little excited when you talked about him yesterday," Kurama shrugged. He looked at Naruto with a knowing smirk.

Naruto blushed, he hoped that his brother wouldn't see that he was a little attracted to Sasuke, but with the look he gave him he knew that his brother had noticed. He wasn't sure how Kurama managed to see right through him without even meeting the other teen. "I don't know what you're talking about," Naruto tried to act nonchalant as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Kurama could tell just by his brother's mannerisms that he was lying. "You sure you don't like him a little?" Kurama teased. He saw his brother blush again and he knew he was onto something. With how obvious Naruto was he wasn't sure how his roommate hadn't caught on to his feelings, which he didn't even know how to label. His heart screamed that it was a crush, but his mind was set on it being completely platonic.

"No," he said a little too defensively. "I mean he's hot and all, but he's a jerk. I don't like him in that way. We're just friends," Naruto wasn't sure who he was trying to convince, himself or his brother. Perhaps it was both, even if he didn't want to admit it. He'd happily live in denial, no matter how much he thought about their 'not a date' night.

Kurama laughed, knowing his brother obviously hadn't fully accepted the fact that he had a crush on the other boy. He felt bad for Naruto, knowing he was probably fighting against himself when it came to his feelings. "If you say so," he said. "I can't wait to meet him," he smirked.

Naruto sighed, knowing that his brother didn't believe him. "Don't embarrass me," Naruto pleaded, making Kurama's smirk widen.

"Naruto, you know I'd never do that," he mischievously smiled. "Especially not in front of your crush," he teased.

"So you're going to embarrass me," he sighed. He paused a moment before realizing he hadn't denied his crush on Sasuke, "He's not my crush." Naruto knew better than to trust the smile that Kurama was giving him. He was starting to think it might have been a bad idea inviting the Uchiha brothers to dinner with them.

NS

Naruto had told Sasuke to meet him and his brother at the diner across from the school. When the Uchiha brothers walked in, something in Kurama lit up. "Is that your roommate and his brother?" he asked, mainly looking at the older of the two.

"Yeah, how did you know?" Naruto asked. He then looked at the look on his brother's face and he could already tell he was interested. The man hadn't even spoken a word to him, but apparently that didn't matter to Kurama. He did have to admit there was a certain air about the oldest Uchiha that demanded attention so he could understand his brother's instant attraction.

"I can see why you like him," Kurama smirked. "The family has good genes," he was obviously checking Itachi out and didn't care who noticed. His attention had seemed to shift from wanting to tease Naruto to focusing on Itachi. Naruto wasn't sure whether he could be happy or upset with the change. He didn't want to think about why he'd be upset about his brother being interested; it certainly wasn't because he felt it would be a little weird for him to date Sasuke while Kurama was dating Itachi.

"I don't like him," Naruto whispered, as the two got closer. He smiled when they walked over, ending the conversation between the brothers. "Hey guys," Naruto said.