No Questions

Temari and Shikamaru sat outside on campus talking. They were sitting close enough that if someone saw them they might think they were a couple. "So, how was camping?" she asked. The question was more a question of if he had hooked up with Ino, just not in so many words.

"It was fun, everyone got pretty drunk, so that was entertaining," Shikamaru shrugged. He didn't really care if that wasn't the answer that she wanted. He was smart enough to know that she wanted to know if he and Ino got together. IF she wanted to know she was going to have to ask.

"Anything interesting happen?" she tried a different approach. She was getting annoyed that he wasn't taking the hint.

"Kiba told Hinata that he loved her," he shrugged. He figured that was what most people found interesting about the trip. He found it bothersome since it created an awkward tension the following day, but that was the most interesting thing that happened. He wondered if she knew why Gaara and Neji had been acting so strange, but didn't think it was his place to ask. He didn't want to cause problems if Gaara was hiding something from her.

"Oh, did they get together?" she asked. She was actually interested because she did kind of see Hinata as a friend. The girl was shy and could be quite timid, but she was more pleasant to be around than most of the girls in their group of friends.

"No, she doesn't see him as boyfriend material apparently," he shrugged. "In other words he's not Naruto," Shikamaru rolled his eyes. Her crush was no secret. She may not be as bad as Sakura is when it came to Sasuke, but it was just as pathetic given Naruto would clearly never feel the same.

"Did anyone else get together on the trip?" she knew the question would get the answer she was looking for. She wasn't sure if it'd be the answer she wanted to hear, but at least then she'd know.

"If you're asking if me and Ino got together then the answer is no," he sighed. He was finding that girls could be very troublesome, especially when you liked two them. It probably wasn't fair to either of them, but it wasn't as if he were dating both at the same time. He was friends with both of them and neither of them had an obligation to stick around if they wanted a commitment.

Before she could respond, Ino and Chouji walked up to them. Ino was annoyed with the fact that the two were so close and she was starting to wonder if she should just give up on Shikamaru all together. She had told Sakura numerous times that no guy was worth having to chase after, perhaps it was time she took her own advice and move on. "Hey guys, what are you doing?" Ino asked.

"Talking," Temari practically glared at the girl. "What do you want?" she asked. Neither of them bothered to pretend to be friends. Just because they were in the same friend group didn't mean that they had to be friends.

"I was just making conversation," Ino shot back with a glare. They seemed to have a never ending battle over Shikamaru. It was never physical, but the looks and words they threw at each other were enough to make any situation uncomfortable. After a few moments of silent glaring, Ino shook her head, "I'm going to go find Sakura." She walked away angry. She hated the game Shikamaru was playing.

Temari saw her brother and decided she was too annoyed to keep talking to Shikamaru, "It was nice talking to you, but I'm going to go catch up with my brother."

Chouji looked at him, "You do realize if you don't choose one of them you're going to end up losing your chance with both. They aren't like Sakura or Hinata, they aren't going to wait around forever."

NS

Ino found Sakura studying in their room. She was happy that the pink haired girl was there because she really needed someone to talk to that would give her an honest opinion. "Am I stupid?" Ino asked as she sat down on her bed.