A Foreboding Feeling

"Right on time, son... right this way..." Ren didn't want to turn around at this point, so instead he glared daggers into his father's eyes. Ren's father knew how this was making him feel but he was Godric Sommers. A man who did what he pleased and got what he wanted in this life...

"Ren, it's so nice to see you again. Your father and I were just reminiscing about the past..." Ren slowly sat down next to his father and nodded.

"I've always been proud of Ren. He's never stopped surprising me after every achievement..." in-between a laugh and a cough, Ren glared over at his father accusingly. He wanted to assume they had accidentally met, but this seemed according to his father's plan.

"Godric, my apologies for not meeting you sooner."

"Not at all Sam. I know we're both busy. Which is a good thing..." Mr. Alderson nodded thoughtfully and then turned to Ren once again.

"Your father tells me you were looking forward to this dinner. I'm so glad..." on that note before Ren was able to stand up to announce his exit, a hand touched the top of his shoulder.

"That seems unlike Ren, Daddy... are you sure that's what he said Mr. Sommers?" Ren watched his father laugh heartily a few times before glaring out at Ren --daring him to say anything contrary to his 'story.'

"Of course he would be... you two are childhood friends... please, take a seat Delilah. We've ordered some appetizers..." Ren looked up at Delilah who was now sitting down next to her father. He then turned to gaze at Godric's powerful expression and clenched his hand into a fist. A few moments later the appetizers came and they ordered their entrees.

During dinner Ren remained silent and he barely ate anything off of his plate. While Godric and Mr. Alderson exchanged dialogue excitedly for nearly a half n' hour, Delilah was unable to intervene in the topics because they weren't something that interested her. Whenever she tried to find an opening to talk to Ren he wouldn't pay attention to her. Of course she knew he was either forced and entrapped here... but she didn't care. It was rare they had a chance to meet like this.

When Delilah was finally able to glare at Mr. Alderson for being too 'nostalgic' and not giving her a chance to connect with Ren, Godric seemed to notice her attempts more aggressively. Godric smirked a little to himself... Delilah was always the woman he knew would be the best for his son...

"Ren... you've been quiet. Would you like us to order dessert instead?" Ren looked over at Godric and remained expressionless.

"I don't have much of an appetite. Perhaps I should have told you before I came." there were lightning bolts flickering between these two... the tension was palpable... it made Mr. Alderson suddenly regret coming here tonight. Delilah, however, was determined to not let go of this opportunity.

While Delilah was desperately trying to think of a reason to spend time with Ren, Godric was grasping onto Ren's wrist tightly underneath the table. He leaned in to whisper to him.

"You... don't cause any trouble..." Godric's words were curt and to the point. He then leaned back and smiled as widely as he could.

"I'll be back. I have to go use the restroom..." Ren said while leaving the table. Godric seemed unmoved by his son and sipped his wine.

"Perhaps we should leave these two together, Sam?" Mr. Alderson tried to laugh but he became more uncomfortable with every second that passed...

When Ren reached one of the single stall washrooms he locked the door behind him. Just remembering the lingering feeling of his father's firm hand on his wrist made him shudder. He smacked his forehead a few times to wake himself up... no matter how much time passed he still felt like a young boy being threatened to follow Godric's way.