My Love, My Sunflower

"This map... has to be outdated..." Ren had transformed the local map into a crumpled mess during his two hour trip around the city...

He had a feeling that the school was nearby here... but it seemed like he was walking in circles. He didn't dare bother anyone else because he was determined to do this on his own...

If only he didn't get lost all the time. Then there wouldn't be a problem...

Ren sighed deeply before taking a seat on the ground. He laid his back against a tree in a park and watched a few dogs pass by. They looked at him curiously for a few seconds before strutting forward uninterested in his appearance...

While Ren was exhausted he was also frustrated because he hadn't brought his wallet to buy himself a drink. He squeezed the centre of his shirt and started fanning the fabric up and down. He hardly felt relieved but it was better than nothing...

He knew he could call a driver but he had already made a declaration in front of his father earlier so he was determined to find his way all on his own...

Ren opened the map again while looking around to find the street he was on. He squinted his eyes a little and found the place where he was. He had an idea now of where he went wrong... while standing back up confidently he staggered a little because of feeling slightly dehydrated. While Ren was expecting to regain his balance he heard someone shout out in the distance.

"Watch out!!" he turned to his right to see that a young woman was screeching to stop on her bike at the same time. Ren tried to move away quickly but everything about this crash was inevitable.

Ren fell on his backside while she managed to put her feet on the ground to prevent her body from flying over.

"I'm so sorry!!" while Ren regained his composure he was about to explode. He was trying to stay as calm as possible but this really was...

"You..." Ren started but when he looked up he saw the young woman had already kneeled down in front of him worriedly.

"Did you fracture your wrist? How was the fall? Did you hurt your back? Do you need to go to a hospital?" while she spoke Ren was rendered speechless. He was completely mesmerized by her...

"Hello... hello?!" she started waving her hand in front of him but he kept staring at her completely taken in by her beautiful hazel eyes which shimmered underneath the summer sun...

"I don't think he hurt his head...?" she said to herself with a little more added fear. When she turned to him again Ren had shaken his head. He had realized he hadn't spoken since she came over to check on him.

"No, no... I'm fine. It's just a scratch."

"Are... are you sure?" Ren nodded as she spoke and she tried helping him up. He limped a little while rubbing the end of his back.

"Let me take you to the hospital." she took out her phone but Ren reached out immediately to stop her. Getting his father involved was the last thing he needed right now...

"I'm really... alright. I promise..." she looked at him skeptically before retracing her steps to pick up her bicycle. She then walked towards him again with her head slightly tilted.

"I'm really sorry again..."

"It's okay. I wasn't paying attention..." Ren smiled as he looked at her and she noticed that he seemed to be sweating a little too much. She reached into her backpack and took out a water bottle.

"Here..." Ren stared at the outreached hand in front of her and was a little shocked... he slowly reached out but hesitated. "Here... you look like you're going to pass out." she took a hold of his hand and put the water bottle in it. For a moment he felt her warm fingertips graze the surface of his skin...